I Don't Think It Was The Postie.... (1 Viewer)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Decided to give the car and the van a wash this morning and I found some light scuff marks on the rear nearside corner of the van's paintwork. Fortunately the marks, which I thought the postie had caused with his bag, polished out with a bit of elbow grease.

I mentioned it to my neighbour, who was cleaning his car and he suggested that it might be from the 'leaflet drop' chaps, who can't be bothered to walk back down our driveways and take the shortest route between our front doors, stepping over a short dividing wall.

Since the van came home, it has been parked a couple of feet from the house, which has left just enough of a gap for them to squeeze through with their bags :mad::mad:

A bit of very careful reversing has hopefully put paid to that shortcut.... (y)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I'm sure they'll still manage to post the junk, after all it's only a 6.34m detour back to the front of the van :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just make doubly sure you ARE in first gear when you next go to drive off ... could be an expensive mistake if you don't! :eek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
OMG 'careful' reversing doesn't begin to describe it!! I'd have heart attack every time. :oops:

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Decided to give the car and the van a wash this morning and I found some light scuff marks on the rear nearside corner of the van's paintwork. Fortunately the marks, which I thought the postie had caused with his bag, polished out with a bit of elbow grease.

I mentioned it to my neighbour, who was cleaning his car and he suggested that it might be from the 'leaflet drop' chaps, who can't be bothered to walk back down our driveways and take the shortest route between our front doors, stepping over a short dividing wall.

Since the van came home, it has been parked a couple of feet from the house, which has left just enough of a gap for them to squeeze through with their bags :mad::mad:

A bit of very careful reversing has hopefully put paid to that shortcut.... (y)

View attachment 165386

View attachment 165387

OMG! How Sad!!
I wouldn't risk damaging my van or house by moving so close to stop a delivery, why didn't you move foot the other way then they would have enough room?
Live & let live, some are anything for an argument ( bet he hoped your hand brake snaps:clap::clap::hot:

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
OMG! How Sad!!
I wouldn't risk damaging my van or house by moving so close to stop a delivery, why didn't you move foot the other way then they would have enough room?
Live & let live, some are anything for an argument ( bet he hoped your hand brake snaps:clap::clap::hot:

Sad and anything for an argument ?.... I'm looking to stop my van being damaged and I don't have the room in front of the van (due to losing a 6' service strip to a new footpath) but thanks so much for your comments.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back