I don't think I should tell you this, but... (1 Viewer)

Stoodlemming

Free Member
Jul 19, 2018
Funster No
...we don't have a motorhome.

Last weekend we sold our lovely but elderly van to a family who are going to have a lot of fun with it. That was a home conversion that we bought three years ago to see if we liked this tarmac based activity after years of boating. We've had numerous breaks and holidays in it travelling to the south of Fance, round Normandy and Brittany, up and down the west coast of Scotland in the most fantastic weather, through Devon and Cornwall and most recently across Northern Spain.

We may have seen some of you on aires or CS's, but we have spent as much time as possible away from everyone enjoying peaceful wild camping. We stopped in some lovely spots in Spain last month. If you happened across a bright blue Iveco van with a picture of lakes and mountains on the side, that was us. We were probably inside, focussing too much on good food.

Now we are looking to replace that first van with something shinier and newer, with fixed beds, a shower, and a three way fridge, so we can do longer trips. We have our minds set on a North to South trip through Europe, from Latvia to Greece.

Being without a van leaves me feeling oddly bereft. I'm reminded of the snail who got rid of his shell to see if he could go faster, but was left feeling sluggish.

I'd be interested to hear comments from anyone who has a Globecar Campscout, a Westphalia Amundsen 600E or a Hymercar Yellowstone or Yosemite, as they are at the top our list for the new van.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi and welcome aboard.
welcome.gif

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
...we don't have a motorhome.

Last weekend we sold our lovely but elderly van to a family who are going to have a lot of fun with it. That was a home conversion that we bought three years ago to see if we liked this tarmac based activity after years of boating. We've had numerous breaks and holidays in it travelling to the south of Fance, round Normandy and Brittany, up and down the west coast of Scotland in the most fantastic weather, through Devon and Cornwall and most recently across Northern Spain.

We may have seen some of you on aires or CS's, but we have spent as much time as possible away from everyone enjoying peaceful wild camping. We stopped in some lovely spots in Spain last month. If you happened across a bright blue Iveco van with a picture of lakes and mountains on the side, that was us. We were probably inside, focussing too much on good food.

Now we are looking to replace that first van with something shinier and newer, with fixed beds, a shower, and a three way fridge, so we can do longer trips. We have our minds set on a North to South trip through Europe, from Latvia to Greece.

Being without a van leaves me feeling oddly bereft. I'm reminded of the snail who got rid of his shell to see if he could go faster, but was left feeling sluggish.

I'd be interested to hear comments from anyone who has a Globecar Campscout, a Westphalia Amundsen 600E or a Hymercar Yellowstone or Yosemite, as they are at the top our list for the new van.
Hello and welcome
There is a funster selling her Globecar it may be the one for you.take a look in the classified motorhome for sale.
Good luck!
@big bertha

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome. :welcome3:

A great introduction and delighted to hear you're sold on the lifestyle!

The vans you've highlighted are good and the Campscout is particularly popular in this group.

You might want to check out the Rapido V68 - which we've got, and is in the same genre.

Big plus on the Rapido is the giant (for a pvc) 135-litre 3-way fridge. Genrally well made and designed too. Well insulated, and with dedicated ski storage if that's of interest.

We also like the comfortmatic gearbox as well.

We looked at the models you've identified before choosing the V68 a couple of years ago.

Happy Travels... (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hello and Welcome

Looks like you have a good plan going there, best of luck with your next van.

Martin

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Welcome Stoodlemming, the Globecar vans are just great we’ve owned our Campscout now for 15 months and we just cannot fault it.
For lots more information on Globecars and modifications type Globecar modifications in the search window.

John.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Hi, :welc: and Thanks@Anthea M.
We are selling our Campscout after putting a Vanbiitz Strike back and immobiliser and solar in only because I'm a big softy and our little dog doesn't enjoy the travelling in it.
Great vans, like the full length singles or large double in the back. Bathroom seems roomy with the midvan shower.
Good luck with whatever van you choose.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
We have the Campscout Revolution (high roof and lifting bed) and very happy with it
Not been any of the others to compare
Hobby also do a van with a similar layout to Campscout

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:ello:hellowelcome sounds like your in for a good time the sooner you find your new wheels. Good Luck.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, we have the Possl version of the Campscout which is a Roadcruiser. We've had out van since new 2 years ago and can't fault it in anyway.

Sep 3, 2018
Epsom
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Yellowstone
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Stoodlemming. We have a Hymercar Yellowstone and have had it for a very happy year. It's the 2 berth one without the top up bed in roof. We think it might be the only one as we've never seen another. Very happy with it and are happy to answer any questions if you are still looking. It has electric only fridge which does reduce battery life.
Hope you get the one for you.
Swozer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back