I don't do North.... except when coming back from South! (1 Viewer)

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
There is nothing to see here in Northumberland. The food and beer is rubbish too. ?
IMG-20200422-WA0004.jpeg

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We always use that route when we venture back to the North from Portsmouth, few short bits of motorway, M4 to Swindon and then M5 to Worcester, sometimes via Gloucester, Hereford, Ludlow, love that part of the UK :Smile:

It always amuses me when people go on about not using toll roads in Europe with the excuse that they want to see the 'real' country and then blast up and down the motorways in the UK and miss all the 'real' bits of the UK.
Use that route as well when travelling to Devon and back home.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Just reading through this and it occurred to me. We are exactly the opposite. Don’t do south except when going to the tunnel. Been to Cornwall years ago. Lovely but too crowded. South East nothing there for me, no hills, no mountains. Far far too many people, too much traffic. First time in South Wales three years ago. Wow loved it we will go there again. I guess it’s North again this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Just reading through this and it occurred to me. We are exactly the opposite. Don’t do south except when going to the tunnel. Been to Cornwall years ago. Lovely but too crowded. South East nothing there for me, no hills, no mountains. Far far too many people, too much traffic. First time in South Wales three years ago. Wow loved it we will go there again. I guess it’s North again this year.

Oi! Stop telling people how great South Wales is - I don't want those horrible motorhome peeps on my turf - I hear Bradford is amazing, they should go there or maybe Rochdale isn't that the birthplace of the Co-op or something!?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
My advice would be to stay well away from the north, its a terrible place, snow all the year round, roads clogged with sheep, potholes and drunks. Nothing much to see, just endless miles of boring open countryside interspersed with smog and pit villages.

As for Scotland .......
Plus, When you wind the windows down all you can hear is Ilkley Moor Bah't 'at and the roads are clogged up with Bakers Boys on bikes delivering bread
It's either that or Flat capped blokes exercising whippets.
Nah? There's nowt up there.

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Welsh borders and Shropshire hills are a little bit off the beaten track. Mid wales .And .find a track not on the map.

Forget Pembrokeshire. Very similar to Cornwall and we really want to keep for. ourselves, but no doubt will be full of Chelsea Tractors..giving us a laugh as they find the roads are narrow and hedges actually touch their tractors(Cars) :wasntme: :giggle:

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Not sure either. Accent a bit difficult south of the Bristol Channel!:LOL: :giggle:

I might live in South Wales, but my accent is pure Michael Caine Cockney - everyone understands me eventually, because if they don't at first, I just shout louder and wave me hands a bit more?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Welsh borders and Shropshire hills are a little bit off the beaten track. Mid wales .And .find a track not on the map.

Forget Pembrokeshire. Very similar to Cornwall and we really want to keep for. ourselves, but no doubt will be full of Chelsea Tractors..giving us a laugh as they find the roads are narrow and hedges actually touch their tractors(Cars) :wasntme: :giggle:

Even more entertaining when they meet a real tractor or a bus coming the other way and they have to reverse ???:eek::eek::eek:???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back