I did a silly thing today .......... but got away with it ! (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I bought a used Dometic air con unit earlier in the year and after a clean up and resolving a couple of issues, it`s sat in the garage for a few weeks waiting for the rain to stop.
Today I thought I`d have a think and a look at how I might get it up on the roof, it weighs about 30 kg`s
Normally of course I`d have rung a friend to give me a lift, but not in present circumstances.
Next thing I know I`m two thirds the way up the ladder, past the point of no return !
Anyway it`s now sat on the roof with a couple of old cusions under it.
Tomorrow should be the easy bit, remove skylight, slide into place and fit air con (wiring already there)
I know it was a daft thing to do, if it`d slipped and fallen I could have had 30 kg`s of air con dropping on me from ten feet up.
Then ended up in overstretched hospital and catching CV-19 :sick:
Anyway, I got away with it :giggle:

But I wouldn`t do it again

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I bought a used Dometic air con unit earlier in the year and after a clean up and resolving a couple of issues, it`s sat in the garage for a few weeks waiting for the rain to stop.
Today I thought I`d have a think and a look at how I might get it up on the roof, it weighs about 30 kg`s
Normally of course I`d have rung a friend to give me a lift, but not in present circumstances.
Next thing I know I`m two thirds the way up the ladder, past the point of no return !
Anyway it`s now sat on the roof with a couple of old cusions under it.
Tomorrow should be the easy bit, remove skylight, slide into place and fit air con (wiring already there)
I know it was a daft thing to do, if it`d slipped and fallen I could have had 30 kg`s of air con dropping on me from ten feet up.
Then ended up in overstretched hospital and catching CV-19 :sick:
Anyway, I got away with it :giggle:

But I wouldn`t do it again

Good lad, Who Dares Won !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
‘Sat in garage for a few weeks waiting for rain to stop!’ Been lovely weather down south. North might have the scenery but it’s washed regularly

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back