I can hardly believe it myself… (1 Viewer)

Deaconjim

Free Member
Jun 12, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Ex caravanner new to motorhoming 2020
Well after 30 years pulling my beloved around on the back of the car(no I’m not referring to my good lady before you ask) we will hopefully be joining the ranks of the motorhome brigade on Wednesday when we collect our first van from Don Amott.
Well they say you know what you know and what you don’t know cant hurt you. We have a mixture of emotions right now. The Lockdown added 3 months to our wait having ordered the van in January. How will we cope with the transition from caravanning?. Questions torment us daily; how will we explore from site? How does the water work out? Indoor or outdoor blinds? Ebike,- shall we try or not, pros and cons? Will the dog cope, and shall we go wild or stick to the tried and trusted.
In short can we embrace motorhoming for its own merits and leave behind what we know and trust.
i am naturally more adventurous than my good lady, willing to try riskier things. She the more cautious, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
Ive only just come across this forum and love it already. The answers to our problems lie within the thoughts,opinions and experiences of those of you seasoned to this wonderful pastime.
we look forward to you helping us on our way.

Take care
Jim

Jan 25, 2018
Leicester, England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We bought our (used) motorhome from Don Amott about 3 years ago and found them quite efficient when dealing with any issues which arose over the first few months of ownership. Welcome to Fun and many happy travels.😀

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
You'll be fine .................................. what could possibly go wrong??? :giggle:

And

animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, we collect our new van from DA on Friday ( keep it a secret as I’ve not told anyone) 😂😂. What van are you getting?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome to motorhoming and Fun. (y)

If you’re worried about the difference between caravan and motorhome trips the short answer is...........not a lot.
At least, not a lot in the U.K. but get across the Channel and then you will really experience the difference.
As a retired tugger I certainly wouldn’t want to go back to a caravan but the way of life is not too different.
Have fun with your new van and remember that no question is too simple or daft on Fun.
We have all had those new van nerves.

Richard.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I transitted from a sailing boat to a MH amd found the usual similarities 12v electrics, gas, limited water.
'Parking' was easier, no anchor dragging, no crosswinds.

I think you will find a lot of things easier in a MH.

We say engine off, park brake on, gas on, change fridge, tables and awning out, cork out - 5 minute job.

And that is wherever you want, not checking into sites, parking on peg, aquaroll, gas bottle onto towbar etc.

Geoff

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
The first time you arrive at your destination in the pouring rain and realise you just put on the handbrake and then the kettle you'll know you definitely made a good choice. Wishing you many happy adventures.

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
Is tha fro owdhem and dis thago th the sheddings?
Sadly only once but we do go to most home games now and a lot of away ones too. It's a five hour round trip! Come on the Yeds!

May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
Eyup Jim,

Foregoing the fact that you are from the wrong side of the Pennines, (😉),
we Yorkies are not a vindictive lot, (😯😉), and like all others offer you a warm welcome to the forum.
You will soon learn there is much banter on here from members, but more importantly there is plenty of advice, help and support whenever you need it.
Like you, I too await the arrival of a new MH, so I share your excitement and anticipations. Enjoy your new adventures. 👍 🙂

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
hello and :pink: we have been motorhoming for 11 years now and love it. Dare i say never had a caravan? Find I am a bit more adventurous than J but i Have been motorhoming for much longer than he has. It'll be a learning curve, but that is part of the fun. Some lovely helpful people on here, a lot of banter, and the odd well doomsayer. Pick what you like ignore what you dont and enjoy your new toy. was a lancashire based lass for 30 years.
p.s. do you know a cure for hic cups?

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome 😀, hubby and i, never thought we would hAve the opportunity to get a MH, as luck would have it, after much soul searching( plus an early pension) bought our used hymer ( zebede) last june, not a clue! But with all the info, on this great forum, also monthly magazine tips from Jim magazine, been a learning curb, yes scarey, but exciting, best decision we ever made, enjoy ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back