I broke into a 2014 Ford Transit - it's just too easy! (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Yesterday my son locked his keys in the back our 2014 Transit Custom that's fitted with slam locks - 40 miles from home with no spare keys apart from the Ford 'spare' that spins in the door lock but operates the ignition.

Looked on Youtube - and there's a video of how to break in posted by a victim to encourage folks to upgrade the front door lock and alarm.

We considered breaking the door glass but thought that opening the door from inside would set off the vans alarm and decided to attack the lock with my cordless drill.

10 minutes later (we are amateur thieves after all) we 'popped' the lock, opened the door and no alarm sounding, van started and on our way - and the lock and door don't even look damaged.

Strongly advise any Transit owner to change the lock/alarm on the front door - it's just too easy

Last edited:

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I guess thats why so many are stolen ford makes it to easy for the scumbags

Last edited:
OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I guess thats why so many are stolen ford makes to easy for the scumbags

And motorhomes are targeted, not always for the vehicle but because they are low mileage - for Ford spares

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Yes and Ford Transit are the one that all MH owners get gassed in as well.................... ;)

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Confused :unsure: I assume you don't have slam locks on the cab doors, or am I missing something?

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Confused :unsure: I assume you don't have slam locks on the cab doors, or am I missing something?

No - all the keys were locked in the back which had slam locks - cab door had original Ford lock (operated by key fob but not by ignition only key)

The slam locks only protect the cargo area.

If only the original Ford locks are fitted breaking the driver's door lock, opens all doors and switches off the alarm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back