I bought a cheap and cheerful rear and forward live feed camera today. (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I bought a little gizmo and fitted it to the van today. It's a 10" touch screen device which has two cameras. One camera faces out the front and another camera on a lead which points out the back. The screen can be switched between different views - all front view, all rear view, half screen for each way (as pictured), or facing each way with a little image in the corner of the screen for the other direction. It even allows you to move the reversing image down for a closer shot of the ground for reversing.

The screen itself is clipped to the existing (and otherwise pointless) rear view mirror.

It records both directions and stores the full HD video onto a removable micro-SD card. You can also set it to record at a lower quality to save memory and it will automatically record over any unsaved footage when memory is full.

The screen shows a constant live display of whats going on. I intend on having it showing the rear view all the time, so it will be like driving with a functioning rear view mirror again. You don't have to be in gear to see the backwards view. So can simply switch between them.

I wasn't expecting much for a cheap and cheerful gadget made in China but I'm impressed. The only thing is the rear camera cable is only 6M long. I just about made it fit my L3 Boxer van by mounting it ever so slightly off center and not totally hiding the cable in the cab. Having a longer cable I'd be able to mount it more centrally and run the wire more neatly in the driving cab.

It's called a Junsun 10" and I paid £60. I thought I'd share on here for anyone thinking about buying something similar.

It will give me more confidence reversing. Should be more or less like reversing the car now. Happy days!

camera.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back