Kennylen

Free Member
Oct 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Static caravan
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi Guys ok I’m a newb here on this forum I have joined because I’m at the end of my tether.

We have a static caravan on Rockley park in Dorset & the site Wi-fi works occasionally if the wind is in the right direction.

After speaking with a few of the other owners they were telling me the previous owners used to use a device they stuck to the window which boosted the signal I eventually found it & it’s an iboost with a tp link router & it’s all branded www.lodgeconnect.co.uk.

I have tried to go to that website but it no longer exists also the router has a big sticker on the back DO NOT RESET but I suspect it has been reset by the previous owners because if you go into settings they are all blank.

Now I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get it all up & running & I’m no novice when it comes to IT & setting up networks/routers.

I have seen other threads on putting in ip of the I post I have seen some say use http:10:20:30:40 some say just use 10.20.30.40 but neither works I believe I have to get into here first so I can tell it what Wi-fi network to connect to before being able to set up the router.

Also on the router itself I cannot figure out settings for it so I’m really really stuck.

Do I connect to the router first which I can do to use ip for iboost?

Anyone who can help here would be greatly appreciated thank you.

10CB2337-AFAE-4C88-B566-3A85686315A0.jpeg

24A74C38-3764-45C1-9176-084391367746.jpeg
5B619FA1-69FF-438B-B472-F61A9B8BF7B2.jpeg

3B18375D-A236-4511-85DD-94AE662FA4E2.jpeg

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I think thats an old system..
If as you suspect it has been reset i think you will need a new file installed..
Best advice i can think of is contact mhw..
Andy
The reset switch was disabled on the later micro routers..

OP
OP
K

Kennylen

Free Member
Oct 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Static caravan
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi Andy thank you for your reply.

It does look like an old one even after I cleaned off all the cobwebs lol.

Can I ask what is mhw please?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Yes I would try Motorhome Wifi who is a member on here to see if they can help

https://www.motorhomewifi.com/catalog/3g/

Before replacing this unit if necessary I would consider getting a MIFI satellite internet connection which Motorhome WIFI also do. Or you might be able to manage on a data connection with your mobile phone. It all depends what you
your requirements for data are. With the Huawei MIFI and the aerial to go with it we have never not been able to receive a good connection and within your static you will be able to share the service with 4 connections.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Without stealing the OP's thread, is it possible to install the I boost aerial without drilling a 1 inch hole through the roof.
I have just bought the system from motorhomewifi and I am now pondering :unsure:
Apologies to the OP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

Kennylen

Free Member
Oct 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Static caravan
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi Abacist thank you.

I do have a 4g router but it costs a fortune the only network I can get is EE or BT

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I thought there was a sucker based clamp as well so you could attach to a window or wall or roof without drilling a hole through the roof.

OP
OP
K

Kennylen

Free Member
Oct 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Static caravan
Exp
I’m a newbie
That’s next for me Tucano lol.

The original Wi-fi cable for this was fed under the van & was installed before the cupboards were installed they went in underneath through one of the vents in the floor.

OP
OP
K

Kennylen

Free Member
Oct 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Static caravan
Exp
I’m a newbie
I thought there was a sucker based clamp as well so you could attach to a window or wall or roof without drilling a hole through the roof.
Yeah mine has this.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Kennylen, I suspect that unit may have been supplied by the park owner at some point and was obviously configured for the sites WiFi.
Chances are the sites WiFi has been updated which may be why that is now redundant.
My thoughts are.... Bin it.
Go online on your phone, or tether to your phone, and buy a WiFi booster/repeater which will pick up the signal and amplify it to a usable level.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Without stealing the OP's thread, is it possible to install the I boost aerial without drilling a 1 inch hole through the roof.
I have just bought the system from motorhomewifi and I am now pondering :unsure:
Apologies to the OP.
Hi Norman...you only need a hole in the roof if you intend mounting it permanently.. its supplied with a sticker mount is it not?
If you want it mounted permanently andy or techno did a good thread on that and the equipment you would need..
Andy

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
It has the sucker mount and I also bought the magnet. I just need it installed by someone with the knowledge now.
My apologies again to the OP (y)
The only advantage to it being permanently mounted that I can see is that it would look neater (y)
I shall contact @Techno again although I believe he has now retired.
Many thanks.

Last edited:
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Now this may be a bit of a long shot but I am guessing the wireless chip for the system is in the aerial not the router. If you have a laptop or other computer you might be able to plug the aerial directly into a usb port. If you are lucky and the right drivers are already on the computer it may possibly connect to the wifi network without the router. I suggest this because the aerial looks similar (though not identical) to one I have that is sold as a usb wifi aerial and works just fine set up directly to a laptop.

If it does connect and you have a Windows device it is possible to use it as a router using software such as Connectify. This may be easier and cheaper than trying to cure or replace the router.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Can I suggest the following steps.

First get the aerial bit working.

Switch off the wifi on your laptop.

Connect the LAN cable from the aerial unit to the laptop.
Set the laptop wired network adapter manually to 10:20:30:41, with mask 255.255.255.0.
Get into the aerial's internal web pages by typing 10:20:30:40 in your internet browser.
With any luck, the user name and password will be 'lodge' and 'connect', as printed on the label. If not, it needs a factory reset.
Set up the aerial to connect to whatever wifi is in range. be sure to save the settings in the webpages.

At this point you should be able to surf the internet on your laptop using the aerial as a connection.

Next, get a connection to the router. It's described in the user guide, but briefly it's:

Disconnect the LAN cable from the laptop.
Switch the laptop wifi back on.
Power up the router.
Try to connect to the router. Search for a wifi network that has just appeared on your list of available networks. It probably starts with TP.
Try the password 65336284, as printed on the label. With any luck, it will connect and give you an IP address.

At this point you are connected to the router. Next step is to connect the router to the aerial.
connect the LAN cable from the aerial to the 'Internet' LAN socket on the router.

It should connect automatically (using DHCP) and from there you should be able to surf the internet.

You will have to go through the aerial setup procedure every time you change the wifi connection details.

There's probably a way to change the wifi connection details without connecting the LAN cable to the laptop, but I don't know how for this system.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The similarities between Lodge Connect and Motorhome WiFi are uncanny, Anyone else noticed this? The labeling, graphics etc!

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
The similarities between Lodge Connect and Motorhome WiFi are uncanny, Anyone else noticed this? The labeling, graphics etc!
Very similar i reset mine by mistake and emailed addy at motorhome wifi how to get it back and he emailed me back detailed instructions i know it can be sorted out using the tp-link to reset but just ask him and i am sure he will send you the reset instructions although they look the same they may not be

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello,

This is a 'Motorhome WiFi' iBoost System that was sold to Haven / Bourne Leisure Group under contract for a few years under the 'Lodge Connect' brand. If you have found 'Motorhome Fun' I assume that you have found 'Motorhome WiFi' also and we are happy to assist you with support with setting up / using this system.

Please submit a support request via our website - www.motorhomewifi.com/support/

Adam

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
An update as 'Kennylen' has used up all his free messages on this thread. The previous owner had reset the router and we provided him with the recovery instructions which resolve the issue.

"Thank you very much for your help that got it working 2 happy boys now they can use their iPads & a happy wife now she doesn’t have to go up to the complex when she has work to do & it’s very much appreciated"

If anyone has any issues, please contact us directly using the support page on our website and we would be happy to assist.

Adam

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back