I am thinking of buying iPad air 2 and wonder how..... (1 Viewer)

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I want to buy an iPad. Can you tell me how Ebay sellers can sell a new iPad air 2, 2nd generation a lot cheaper than Apple shop?

I thought all new iPad's had to be the same price.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
if you find out, please let me know - I'm also thinking of buying one as my current iPad 2 is now getting a bit slow/clunky...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I bought Shirls Samsung tablet from Amazon cheaper than anywhere else...either shops or on ebay.

Same spec as mine but came with a euro type charger/plug and a different model number.
as i said...identical spec and o/s version but aimed at a different market.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
All probably isn't as it appears. Do you have a link to one of the eBay listings?

One possible guess is that they are not UK based sellers, maybe Hong Kong based and the units will be grey imports and therefore have absolutely no warranty and no chance of any support from Apple UK. A similar thing is quite common with camera gear - a price that's too good to be true is fine until you have a problem.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

But that would be illegal, but they get away with it. I brought (for the boss) an iPad 3 at a £100 under list when HMV went into liquidation, would never buy another Apple product, expensive browser good for nout else.

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
All probably isn't as it appears. Do you have a link to one of the eBay listings?

One possible guess is that they are not UK based sellers, maybe Hong Kong based and the units will be grey imports and therefore have absolutely no warranty and no chance of any support from Apple UK. A similar thing is quite common with camera gear - a price that's too good to be true is fine until you have a problem.

This is the link NickNic

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPa...459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4b8b18b3

Says it has 1 year manufacture warranty.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
hmmm - it doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies, despite the numerous positive reviews. Think I would rather go to Apple or John Lewis and take the hit, at least then you know what you are getting and that it should be free from support issues.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They are are a UK register seller with UK address, people that have brought Apple products from them have given positive feedback.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Mar 26, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
john lewis offering a 3 year guarantee as standard now also (y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We bought our iPad mini at John Lewis. Didn't have a clue what we were looking for and were going to buy one for £299. After speaking to the assistant he said that the £299 one had the A5 chip in, and would technology wise be out of date in a year or two, but if we went for the £334 one it had the A6/7 chip in which would last us for at least three years. This is obviously how Apple encourage people to constantly upgrade.

We bought two 'cheap' apple phones 18 months ago, not knowing (again) what we were buying, and when we went to France we were unable to use the Virgin internet package we had bought because the phones were out of date and didn't have the IOS6 system, and we weren't able to update them.

So the one thing I would never have looked into was the most important thing to research - the chip!

It's a minefield, specially if you are a pair of tech dinosaurs like we are!

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
On the issue of iPads (and iPhones and Android stuff for that matter) being clunky and slow I take it people know to regularly check what Apps. they have open by double pressing the home button?

Slide each app. up to close it. You should find your iPad will run appreciably faster after you do this. I have an IPad 2 and do this every couple of days and wouldn't describe it as slow and clunky at all TBH.

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
I want to buy an iPad. Can you tell me how Ebay sellers can sell a new iPad air 2, 2nd generation a lot cheaper than Apple shop?

Carefully check postage costs. It often will make up the difference.

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
On the issue of iPads (and iPhones and Android stuff for that matter) being clunky and slow I take it people know to regularly check what Apps. they have open by double pressing the home button?

Slide each app. up to close it. You should find your iPad will run appreciably faster after you do this. I have an IPad 2 and do this every couple of days and wouldn't describe it as slow and clunky at all TBH.
Shhhhush! I told my wife it is clunky! That means IT IS CLUNKY! Got it! :):whistle:(y):D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back