I am seeking more info on HUD systems. (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have done some research online already.

The reason I am looking at them is that in bright sunlight I have a problem for my iris to adjust from brightness to the lower light level on both my instrument cluster and the Samsung Galaxy which hosts our Satnav system, without taking my eyes off the road for too long. OH has to keep telling me the readings.

The MH is a N&B Arto with a very big windscreen about a metre in front of the wheel and large sidescreens. We reduce sunlight reflection off the dash from all directions with cloths spread on the dash.

I would like to do wireless transmission of the satnav data onto the HUD and in a 2003 vehicle we do not have OBD2 nor in-built satnav. We have no need for phone ability on the HUD as we have another Samsung for calls.

From my research so far I think that a system with its own screen would be better than one projecting onto the windscreen.

So far I have found 2 systems that fit the above -

Navdy

Which seems to be the RR, but I cannot find the price, except with an integrated Satnav which we do not need.

Kivic

Does much the same but is cheaper, but cannot find a supplier.

I would welcome comments on my thinking so far and any suggestions about other systems to fit the criteria.

Does anyone know of knowledgable suppliers, either in MH arena or otherwies? Does Eddievanbitz do them? Or Adam at motorhomewifi? Anyone else?

Geoff

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
We have Adria a class, and also find the speedo hard to see. We found an old sat nav in the cupboard, put a plastic sticky mount on the dash in front of the driver, set it to speed mode and off we go very easy to see.

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We have Adria a class, and also find the speedo hard to see. We found an old sat nav in the cupboard, put a plastic sticky mount on the dash in front of the driver, set it to speed mode and off we go very easy to see.

We have the speed on our phone's satnav and can see it when external and internal light are similar but not when iris needs to adjust in 2 secs.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I bought a Ma Way, which I have mounted on top of the instrument binnacle using a little wooden frame that I made. It is available here, although it's a third more expensive than when I bought it a few months ago. I've set it to display speed from the OBD and compass heading from the in-built gps receiver. It also displays the rev counter and the system voltage, which are options.

It's better than the previous hud that I had, because it has its own screen to display, rather than reflecting on to the windscreen.

EDIT: I've just realised that your vehicle doesn't have an obd port. This Ma Way can provide a speed reading from the in-built gps.

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
eBay £15 flat use cable if you just want speed, green on a black background about two inches high, can’t turn on ignition to give a better picture as locked keys in boot but that’s another story:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 23

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread