I am impressed (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You don't, I've watch documentaries about stunts like this and they get through a hell of a lot of empty cardboard boxes and chunks of foam practicing before they get it right.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
You don't, I've watch documentaries about stunts like this and they get through a hell of a lot of empty cardboard boxes and chunks of foam practicing before they get it right.
Yep I know but you have to do it for real for the first time at some point, big cahones needed, also look at the effort they both put in to get the outfit to roll back pretty cool (y) I think the passenger is most vocal, probably because he's still alive :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
The ones that get it wrong have three out comes usually.

Fall off and bruised
Fall off break bones
Fall off end up in wheel

Last edited:

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
They use massive pits filled with foam to absorb the impact energy, over and over again till they perfect it. Its fascinating to watch and takes a big set of chuckies. There's a young stunt rider that is now a paraplegic and he has an adapted bike and there is footage out there of him doing it. Quite a thing...

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just watching those young Red Bull nutters gets me holding my nuts in fear just watching them doing similar things on BMX bikes, motor bikes, skateboards even shopping trolleys and the guy that copies most of their stunts in a wheelchair Oh Please!.
I think it was the Red Bull travelling circus I saw on the tele from Australia, plenty of falls, but they mostly get up and get back on again.
Glad I am not the parent.
Les

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Just watching those young Red Bull nutters gets me holding my nuts in fear just watching them doing similar things on BMX bikes, motor bikes, skateboards even shopping trolleys and the guy that copies most of their stunts in a wheelchair Oh Please!.
I think it was the Red Bull travelling circus I saw on the tele from Australia, plenty of falls, but they mostly get up and get back on again.
Glad I am not the parent.
Les

They should not have had parents - something wrong in the mental genes.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
This is how it usually end's up when sidecar circuit folk try a different way of doing things :doh: we were in that race (2009) 5 in total crashed in the same race:p
07-3.jpeg
09-1.jpeg
10-1.jpeg
04-3.jpg
05-3.jpeg
06-3.jpeg

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Its the first thing I have seen in a while that made me go 'bloody hell'..

As has been said before , hours of foam pit practice is the norm before pulling the pin to dirt .

Back in the early 2000's when back flipping was a new thing , we got to stay with a guy who was a big deal out in the US, he pulled the first ever double dirt to dirt back flip( two flips one after the other , not two rotations) in the X Games .. he had a trampoline at his house with a BMX bike on it, with skids instead of wheels, that he practiced on, so he got used to the rotations, and what you need to do and see to spot the landings, plus one of the first foam pits . Dude was nuts , but now backflips are nothing, they are working on triple backflips and double frontflips.. once you have seen it , you have seen it though. Nothing beats racing.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Have you seen what they are doing in monster trucks now.

Nearly defies the laws of physics ?

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
This is Mike Metzger over Ceasars Palace Fountains.

This is a Jump Kneivel crashed doing without the flip..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back