I Am Considering Carrying Some String In My Hymer And Need Advice... (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
oh! is this you? well, someone was going to do it.... :imoutahere:

1e6f5d33a6d59e4fdc296a57261ca1ae.jpg

Could have been in my Army days!!!! I'm more concerned at the chap crying on my shoulder...hope he does not have a pair of scissors handy!!!::bigsmile:

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
If you're off to buy some string don't go with @Ockerron! Guaranteed if you ask for some string and the shopkeeper asks you how long you want it, Ron will reply that he wants to keep it! SO predictable.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I do so hope this isn't the end of the thread.

I wanted so very much for it to be mentioned in this week's Motorhome Fun Newsletter.

JJ :cool:
Oh, don't worry! I'm sure we can s-t-r-i-n-g it out a bit longer!

Reactions: JJ
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Having thought about your original question, I knew I had some balls of string tucked away for emergencies, and decided to get them out, unroll them and measure them.
That way I could advise you of the nominal length that you could carry as a useful accessory.
SWMBO walked in to the room and asked me what I was doing.
All I said was that I was rummaging in my drawers, and would she please hold one of the balls for me as the other was stuck in the bottom of my drawers and needed a good yank to get it out.
Apparently I am a disgusting pig !!!!!!
If I was you I would think very carefully about keeping string. You never know what it can lead to.

I still don't understand why I have to have a shower and sleep in the shed.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Having thought about your original question, I knew I had some balls of string tucked away for emergencies, and decided to get them out, unroll them and measure them.
That way I could advise you of the nominal length that you could carry as a useful accessory.
SWMBO walked in to the room and asked me what I was doing.
All I said was that I was rummaging in my drawers, and would she please hold one of the balls for me as the other was stuck in the bottom of my drawers and needed a good yank to get it out.
Apparently I am a disgusting pig !!!!!!
If I was you I would think very carefully about keeping string. You never know what it can lead to.

I still don't understand why I have to have a shower and sleep in the shed.

Did she also tell you to wash your mouth out with......soap on a rope?!!

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
The piece of string you need will always be 1 inch longer then the piece you have so all you need to do is decide how long you want them add an inch.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Get knotted you lot, I'm off to bed, or at least, off to my hammock :fubar:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Many years ago I had, apparently, completely un-realised by myself, got into the habit of asking 'Well, how long's a piece of string?' in answer to imponderable questions eg How long do you think this (or that) will take' 'How long will it take whoever to ring me back, d'you think?' and suchlike. One day I said it again and our boss flicked a shortish piece of That Stuff across the desks so it hit my nose and landed smack in front of me - at which my colleagues -and I - burst into immediate raucous laughter.

OK then said I - I'll measure it - then we'll all know. Which I did, so I know the answer!!

Thereafter, I just used to lower my glasses on my nose and LOOK at them!

Michael hadn't intended it to hit me, it was just far more aerodynamic than he'd imagined, and I bet he was an ace bowler when he played cricket !

It's seven and three quarter inches JJ.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Many years ago I had, apparently, completely un-realised by myself, got into the habit of asking 'Well, how long's a piece of string?' in answer to imponderable questions eg How long do you think this (or that) will take' 'How long will it take whoever to ring me back, d'you think?' and suchlike. One day I said it again and our boss flicked a shortish piece of That Stuff across the desks so it hit my nose and landed smack in front of me - at which my colleagues -and I - burst into immediate raucous laughter.

OK then said I - I'll measure it - then we'll all know. Which I did, so I know the answer!!

Thereafter, I just used to lower my glasses on my nose and LOOK at them!

Michael hadn't intended it to hit me, it was just far more aerodynamic than he'd imagined, and I bet he was an ace bowler when he played cricket !

It's seven and three quarter inches JJ.

Well that's that then... years and years of mathematical philosophies and it was staring us in the face all along.....seven and three quarter inches... I never did.....

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
You beat me to it JJ. I was going to say you're trying to get in Jim's newsletter with the longest 'thread' - alas frayed knot :LOL:

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
7 3/4....That's me out then....:giggler:
Morning all.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
You don't need to take any string if you park next to a patch of stringing stinging nettles, as
m'man Dave at Ancient Arts demonstrates:

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Les says I'm a bit bossy...says I'm too STRINGent...:happy:

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
You have to tell them how long your requirements are, they also have different thicknesses....they chop off the ends with those big black shears :RollEyes: sooooo how big do you want it, I could pop back and get you some?

Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back