LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We live a few miles away in notloB and you do actually get a lot of train spotters for the steam train line from Bury to Rawtenstall, me? I agree wiv everifink 'e sed innitt. :D

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
No, definitely NOT a child, the writing is very 'fussy' and old fashioned in the way it is written, no child nowadays would have been taught to write like that, IMV it is someone in their 70s-80s who has not had the benefit of a full education, probably leaving school at 14/15 to get a job etc. This does NOT make them idiots/dummies etc. However the views expressed by them are another thing completely!

It was mearly a point that a cannot read it or at least all off it so it may as well be scribble & I never mentioned idiots or dummies etc.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It was mearly a point that a cannot read it or at least all off it so it may as well be scribble & I never mentioned idiots or dummies etc.
Sorry, the idiots wasn't meant to be a comment about you, just the bit about IMV it wasn't a child. Others have said about them being idiots etc due to the spelling etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Sorry, the idiots wasn't meant to be a comment about you, just the bit about IMV it wasn't a child. Others have said about them being idiots etc due to the spelling etc.
No worries apologies accepted & all is good
I did go back & re read it or well at least attempt it & well let's say you don't want my translation of it (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
...just a minute, I need a moment to climb onto my High Horse.

[...cough, clear throat]

"Ladies and Gentlemen, having reviewed the hand written extract in the OP I am of the firm opinion that the writer was perfectly entitled to make their remarks. There is nothing offensive or insulting in them. I don't agree with the comments but that doesn't matter. Anyone is allowed to write in that book whatever they want providing it is not offensive. If anyone feels strongly enough I suggest they go to the same site and write a comment advocating RVs should not be discriminated against.

I hope the irony of this debate being carried on over Remembrance Weekend is not lost on everyone.

Thank you for your attention"

[Climbs down from High Horse and shuffles off stage...]

:):):)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
OI... Right Griff ...... one less Christmas card. Good job I know you are only joking... :Eeek: ... I hope ...

I didn't compose it well at all did I, what I meant was stand downwind of Joy to disprove that theory about veggies and wind.......okay my dear...

ps like the thermals

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I didn't compose it well at all did I, what I meant was stand downwind of Joy to disprove that theory about veggies and wind.......okay my dear...

ps like the thermals
Bugger, another card to buy then ... do you realise how much a stamp is these days!!!!!! :)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
...just a minute, I need a moment to climb onto my High Horse [...cough, clear throat]
"Ladies and Gentlemen, having reviewed the hand written extract in the OP I am of the firm opinion that the writer was perfectly entitled to make their remarks. There is nothing offensive or insulting in them. I don't agree with the comments but that doesn't matter. Anyone is allowed to write in that book whatever they want providing it is not offensive. If anyone feels strongly enough I suggest they go to the same site and write a comment advocating RVs should not be discriminated against.

:):):)

So Watson it must have been DB !! .............................elementary Holmes

(y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Bugger, another card to buy then ... do you realise how much a stamp is these days!!!!!! :)

No "Bugger" about it. You wanna buy me one, you're just saying "bugger" to throw PP Bear of your scent, I know how that blonde brain works (or Not) as they say.:imoutahere:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We are that site now and don't understand the comments about trees. Virtually the whole of one side of the site which is adjacent to the railway line is devoid of trees. Only at the very end of the site are there any . Spoke to the wardens about the comments and they aren't perturbed, so perhaps we shouldn't be either.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
I recken the OP should get him/herself a big giant RV with a rear roof ladder, take it there and go on the roof .....look over the trees and see his beloved railway.

If you can't beat them jion them. :emo: :emo::whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I recken the OP should get him/herself a big giant RV with a rear roof ladder, take it there and go on the roof .....look over the trees and see his beloved railway.

If you can't beat them jion them. :emo: :emo::whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Anyone thought the comments might have been tongue in cheek and maybe actually he liked it

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
What a plonker or even an anorak .the site is only for him and nobody else ,selfish nobody.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Careful folks, I live close to Bury.

But, of course, I forgive you coz I'm from Bolton and we all know that they are TAPS in Bury.

If you need help figuring out my acronym I'll give you a clue, the third letter is pig.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Careful folks, I live close to Bury.

But, of course, I forgive you coz I'm from Bolton and we all know that they are TAPS in Bury.

If you need help figuring out my acronym I'll give you a clue, the third letter is pig.
.... shouldn't that be TAPIS ?????

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Don't think so, do you need another clue?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thick As Pie Stuffing ( well it works for me anyway !! LOL !!! )

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yessss.. thought I might LOL !!!
So that would be Piece of Shhhhhhh !!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
TAPS - thick as pig sh*t
TAPIS - thick as pigs in sh*t

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back