I’ve had a solar panel fitted by local dealer to a chausson 610 (1 Viewer)

Feb 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610
Exp
10 years
The solar panel appears to have been wired directly to the leisure battery. Is this correct as the vehicle has. Been left in storage on mains power charge ,but the leisure battery is flat. This never happened before the solar panel was fitted has this cause the battery to flatten , if so where should the panel have been wired to the system as there is no indication of this in the manual .

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I’m not sure , but there will someone who knows (y)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
If your ‘van was in storage on electric hook up, the leisure and vehicle batteries should have been charge maintained (if you have a B2B fitted), so has the leisure battery been left disconnected by the solar installer and is ONLY being charged by the panel…..or a blown fuse perhaps? :unsure:

OP
OP
Yerfdog
Feb 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610
Exp
10 years
I have taken the van out of storage, the panel started. Working ,which in turn put power to the control panel in the van .
It showed that the leisure battery was full . But it was very low .

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I have taken the van out of storage, the panel started. Working ,which in turn put power to the control panel in the van .
It showed that the leisure battery was full . But it was very low .
"I have taken the van out of storage, the panel started."

Could I ask, Is the storage undercover?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
If your ‘van was in storage on electric hook up, the leisure and vehicle batteries should have been charge maintained (if you have a B2B fitted), so has the leisure battery been left disconnected by the solar installer and is ONLY being charged by the panel…..or a blown fuse perhaps? :unsure:
A B2B is for rapid charging of leisure batteries via the cab battery. I don't believe it has anything to do with the on-board charger.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
To get the best support, please read your posts a couple of times before sending.
I'd love to help but don't understand what's going on and might even provide duff advice.

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Our Chausson CBE panel always shows a “full” battery when the panel is seeing any light. Have come to the conclusion it’s showing there is electric going in, nothing to do with the battery state. Best time to check battery is midnight, when usually we have 2 or 3 green lights .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Yerfdog
Feb 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610
Exp
10 years
"I have taken the van out of storage, the panel started."

Could I ask, Is the storage undercover?
Yes it’s a closed barn without windows so ,insufficient light to activate the panel.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Here's a pure guess.
The fitter of the solar panel has disconnected the supply of charge from the inbuilt charger to the batteries.

At the same time and because he/she did not disconnect the batteries from the electrics on the van, there was either a parasitic leakage or possibly known use of the battery to supply 'stuff' on the van.

Because your van was under cover, the solar couldn't do its job but started to do so once you took it outside.

Over to someone who knows what they are talking about.
That's my take on your problem
There's a fuse? missing somewhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back