LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Hi I am thinking of joining the Eurobox club what is the differance between E,B,S, Hymer type's I am looking at a S 510 on Ebay it is a long way from me. thank's for any reply's :Smile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
dunno really but it could be Economy , Business and Sports maybe its a German thing

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
found this it may help explain about the types.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Over the years, there have been a number of variations on a theme. These are all A-class vans in UK parlance.

The B-class is the standard classification which has been in existence since the late 80s. All of the following relates to vehicles on Fiat chassis - some a full Fiat chassis, and some with a Fiat front bolted to an Alko rear. During the 90s there were B-class built on full Fiat chassis. These had single floors and around the mid-90s the twin headlight models appeared. From 1995 until around 2000, there was an E-class which was an upgraded version of the single-floored B-class on a full Fiat chassis (I think it was just an interior difference). From around 2000 until 2005 the B-class became the better model and B-Classic was introduced with a slightly lower spec. The B-class had an Alko twin-floor chassis bolted onto the Fiat front end whilst the B-Classic retained the single floor on a full Fiat base. From the 2006 model year when the twin headlight models were replaced by the new custom shaped headlights, the B-class was split into B-SL (double floor on Alko) and B-CL (single floor on Fiat).

Alongside this there were two ranges based on mercedes chassis. The S-class is the premium range (today they start at over £100,000) and the Star-Line which is the equivalent of the B-class. Hymer toyed briefly in the late 2000s with the name Best-class for Mercedes alongside the B-SL, but recently they have reverted to Star-Line.

So, in chronological order from the top and reading from left (lowest) to right (highest) spec, it goes like this:

B S
B E
B-Classic B / B-Star-line S
B-CL B-SL / Best Line S
B B-SL / B-Star-line S

Don't take this as infallible, but it's the best analysis I've managed to date.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back