Hymer Yearly Underseal check, How Much!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
I'm self-employed in Flintshire as a Habitation Technician.
The idea of using the underseal Spray it to fill any Protimeter { damp meter } under floor small prodding / probing holes.
I have been told many times not to probe under the floor only above.
Under floors are usually wet with the weather anyway { not damp, just wet }.
You can easily tell if a floor is actually damp.
Many older caravans and motorhomes usually are soft in the rear most corners.
The prodding type damp meters have mostly been replaced with the slide over 'pad' type that don't puncture anything.
A damp check should give the owner an indication of moisture ingress giving an opportunity for timely rectification before the damp causes more expensive repairs.
Over time you see the same model vans with damp in the usual places.
I have a probe type damp meter and I carefully probe under window rubber seals etc as not to leave holes that can be seen.
eg, high readings at the bottom of a window rubber seal is usually rectified by fitting a new rubber seal.
I have worked at a lot of UK Dealerships and Repair Centres and have seen and carried out small general damp repairs and seen major damp repairs { ie,new floors, new sides, new roof }. The back is taken off the motorhome, appliances on floor removed & the damp/ rotten floor is pulled backwards & out, this is then used as a template to make a new 'copy' floor and the new floor being fitted back in the motorhome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back