Hymer windscreen insurance cover? (1 Viewer)

Eddiex

Free Member
Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I am just about to arrange some insurance cover but I am concerned about the horror stories that I have read with regard to the expensive Hymer A class windscreen costs should it be broken.

I have had an agreeable quote via the Caravan and Motorhome Club underwritten by AXA and arranged by Devitt. The terms seem to suggest that in the event of a broken screen the excess of £75 is payable and there is no mention of excluding big Hymer screens.

Is this normal for MH policies to not specifically mention this kind of thing in their terms or should I be looking for the exact wording 'we will pay your three grand bill if it gets broken'!?

Thanks

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’m just doing the insurance game and my renewal came through and I didn’t realise it only £600 limit on screen, I asked Northernraider because he recently had his done and that was around £1500 fitted.
I’ve now had a quote through Lifesure on an AXA policy and that’s unlimited screen cover and only £60 excess.
I did claim on my insurance in 2016 on an AXA policy and only payed the £60 ( 2001 Hymer B584)
Also Lifesure is a very low quote.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
L&V cover to the market value of the vehicle:

Also cheapest for insurance by a fair bit.

BUT

When you talk to them (recorded conversation, note, date, time, person) mention all accessories (tow bar, sun canopy, cycle rack, sat nav, sat tv, etc etc) & costs if you can, how much the van is worth what stuff is in it (that needs cover not on you home insurance (why pay twice)) generally no requirement for tracker or alarm

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back