Hymer where is oil filter??? (1 Viewer)

Mar 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Hymer camper van
I have A reg imported from German with left-hand driver is Hymer camper with Mercedes 300D non-turbo. For the first time that I have service myself, I have changed the fuel filter is behind the radiator, but I can't find the oil filter!! I look under oil sump no filter, my filter is foil metal at the below with yellow cardboard at the top, not the full metal filter. Does anyone know?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
on the side of the engine

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
If you need to ask where it is it may not be the best decision to do your own service and maintenance work from a safety point of view 👍🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If you need to ask where it is it may not be the best decision to do your own service and maintenance work from a safety point of view 👍🙂
being fair a lot of mechanics would not immediately spot it. The more common metal cannister type seem to be on everything now. So anyone that learnt spannering more recently may be confused briefly

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
i have done a lot of oil changes and to be fair it was not that obvious

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
being fair a lot of mechanics would not immediately spot it. The more common metal cannister type seem to be on everything now. So anyone that learnt spannering more recently may be confused briefly
Trouble is I remember them all being like that😮 and if he’s not familiar with that type of seal etc it could end up a mess, 🤣 but what would I know🤐🙂

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
F. - Has changed the fuel filter! If they can do that they can certainly change this oil filter,give them some encouragement for doing it themselves.
It is not a difficult job.

Last edited:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
F. - Has changed the fuel filter! If they can do that they can certainly change this oil filter,give them some encouragement for doing it themselves.
It is not a difficult job.
I know but if the fuel filter is not fitted right it won’t run 👍 if the oil filter is not fitted right ie leaking it will run but not for long🙁
Now for the brakes 😳
Only joking 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back