Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
We have had a 774B for a couple of months and all is going well until last week when all the cold water tank was emptied on a frosty night. No problem thought I warm it up, close the valve fill the tank. the only problem is the valve is nowhere to be seen! I have read the hymer manual and the safety valve is mentioned but not where it is. I have looked all around the boiler but cannot find one. Does anyone have any ideas where else to look. I have even looked in the garage but cant see it. The water leaves the van from a narrow pipe up in the rear nearside wheel arch. Any ideas gratefull accepted.

many thanks

Joe

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Try phoning a company called hymers or hymer direct, they are based in chingford, london E4. Sometimes they are helpful, sometimes they are not

They will be open monday morning try after 10am

good luck

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi common problem, dumping the water, I stuck a peg under mine so it couldn't happen.

Its a small electric valve usually near the boiler, as thats what it supposed to be protecting, to reset it you pull it up and it should stay there. look for a valve with wires going into it.

Have a look at this its no.9 on the drawing:Google Image Result for http://www.reimo-pan.de/pics/Ersatzteile/truma_C3402ersatz.jpg

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
joemac

joemac

Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
Yay!

That is exactly th right bit. The rpoblem is I cant see it on the boiler. Maybe it is fixed apart from the boiler but in the drawing it looks as though it is inside a cover. Many thanks

Joe

Hi common problem, dumping the water, I stuck a peg under mine so it couldn't happen.

Its a small electric valve usually near the boiler, as thats what it supposed to be protecting, to reset it you pull it up and it should stay there. look for a valve with wires going into it.

Have a look at this its no.9 on the drawing:Google Image Result for http://www.reimo-pan.de/pics/Ersatzteile/truma_C3402ersatz.jpg

Olley

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I don't think it fixed to the boiler, mine certainly wasn't, mine was about 4" away screwed to the floor. If you look carefully at the drawing that's what it shows.

On one occasion the wife dumped some crap on top of it pushing the plunger down, and by the time we got to site we had lost the water.

Olley

Last edited:

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
hi joe

i had the automatic valve disconnected & replaced with a manual valve.

just means i have to make sure i keep some heat in the van when it gets near freezing.

manual valve costs about £20 from truma.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I had to search for mine this winter. (I only bought the van in August). The manual was very unhelpful, providing a picture of the valve but no indication of where it was.
I eventually found it by finding the outlet underneath, guessing that this would be directly under the valve, and then working out the position inside. There were several outlets of course so I had to check all of them.

It was eventually located at the bottom of the slide out kitchen storage unit, neatly concealed under a removable shelf, which had to be emptied first. To reach it this entailed lying on the floor with a torch.

A further problem on refilling to go away was that the ambient temperature was still below 8C and so the valve wouldn't stay shut. I found there is a slot in the stem, in which you can wedge a penny to hold it up. (Don't forget to remove it after running the water heater for a few minutes otherwise it won't work in the event of a freeze up:Blush:)

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
The valve whether manual or auto can be sited anywhere inside the van but in reality will be either in the same cabinet as the boiler or alse in an adjacent cabinet or locker.

Phill

OP
OP
joemac

joemac

Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
valve

Many thanks to every one.

I have now found the valve, and all I had to do was to put my head comletely into the locker, squint under the metal crossmember holding the boiler up and see threequartters of the way around to the back of the boiler itself.........Easy peasy really::bigsmile:

Thanks again:thumb:
Joe

OP
OP
joemac

joemac

Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
valve

On second thoughts why would anyone want to look there. Senior management is currently employed telling that me it should be somwhere convenient!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Joe ( wrong again, huh!)

alanheath

Free Member
Oct 29, 2012
Warszawa, Poland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Exp
It strikes me that it is utter ridiculous for Hymer to dump the water when it gets cold. It just happened to me. I am parked at a friend's business and now I am too embarrassed to go out fearing that I have left a pool of ice. I knew of this problem, I did not think it would kick in so quickly. Is the solution to leave the hot water on all night?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back