XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
Today I was putting the MoHo to bed for the winter. Whilst draining down the water from the boiler I noticed the 2 valves in the photo beside the Truma boiler, one connected to the cold and one to the hot water systems. Water came out of the bottom of the van ok when the solenoid was pushed down but what is confusing is the drain tube from the solenoid is the one connected at the left hand tee into the clear pipework which is before the valve. This suggests that the blue valve at the top is already open so why doesn't the rest of the fresh water system drain through this when the pump is running normally? The valve in the red pipe was closed so I opened it and got water draining outside. Van is a 2000yr B680 Starline.
IMG_0997.JPG
IMG_0996.JPG

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Those two taps are the drain cocks for the pipework. In order to drain the system fully, you need to open the Truma frost protection dump valve, then open both those in-line taps and open the shower and sink mixer taps (in their central position) to allow air in at the top of the pipe network. Make sure the 12v system is off before opening the mixer taps of course or you will run the pump dry.
Both those in-line taps need to be closed before you fill the tank or there will be continual leakage.

OP
OP
XRN

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Thanks, the top valve wheel (cold) is turning constantly so may be broken. It must be open as the frost valve drained correctly I just never checked when the cold taps were opened and pump on whether it was also draining outside at the same time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
XRN

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Right, I have sussed out what was wrong, I assumed that the valves had an in one side and out the other, but they are both inlets and the drain is out through the bottom of the valve and through the floor, so when the valve is closed the water flows over the valve and when open both pipes drain through the bottom opening.

Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
Does anyone know the correct name for the drain cocks? Or is it simply that? Also where can I obtain these from as mine seem to be turning constantly?
thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back