Hymer waste Tank (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi, I have a 1999 Hymer B644 with a rear lounge & wonder if anyone can tell me where the tank inspection cover is. I would like to clean off the level probes.I have read the advice about using hot water & bio washing powder, but I am talking about being able to see into the tank.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
When i had my B694 the access hatch was on the side of the tank.
Which you could access from under the vehicle at the back next to the drain point, once screwed out you could get your arm in and give it a wash around, not the easiest way to access.

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
i have a 1996 b534 which has [as far as i remember ] has the same rear lounge set up ,with the sink being on the off side . i am doing the same job at the moment and the access to the waste tank is situated under the lift up seat behind the sink . there is a wooden wheel arch enclosure which needs to be removed, then you can see the top of the sender unit which will be down through the van floor . it can then be disconnected and unscrewed upwards . i was surprised to find that the sender on my van was not the usual rod type, but a slim [like a ruler] printed circuit board which had stopped working . i have not had any luck finding a replacement so far so i may well have to improvise . if yours ends up being the same and you find somewhere that stocks them please let me know. regards garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Hi Mike

I think it's in the bottom of the wardrobe, beneath the lowest narrow shelf ?

OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks

Thanks for your suggestions so far, My layout is that looking from the front (LHD) the shower is on the right & the tank is underneath on the left, so I can't find a access point near the wheel arch. The other suggestion that it could be in the wardrobe under the bottom shelf, there is only a hinged base in the wardrobe & under that is the Truma heater, no sign of a cover for the tank. I will have to wait until the weekend to get under the M/H & see if I can find it there!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back