Jul 22, 2008
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
HYMER BROWNHILLS UK

Here is our tail of woe and frustration with the above company
Purchased a new Hymer in October 2008, problems started within 1 hour the wiper fell off (what PDI inspection!) next they wanted me to change the name on the bankers draft from Hymer UK to Brownhills contrary to the invoice heading, in fact they had cocked up all the figures!
Three months later small faults (warranty issues) contacted them to book the loan car (promised with the Hymer club card) “sorry we have disposed of all our cars”!
However we can collect/deliver for £350!!! Needless to say we took the vehicle to them. On collection half the work was carried out, the excuse was they had to send digital images of the faults to Hymer and this could take several weeks for approval.
We are still waiting from March 2009 to December 2009 (9 months).
We are in Spain at the moment and have had a headlamp problem (warranty). How refreshing to find the Hymer dealers Autocaravan Hidalgo Spain have replaced the full headlamp start to finish it took only 8 working days inclusive of order/delivery from Hymer Germany and free overnight accommodation.
Perhaps Hymer owners should come to mainland Europe if they require good service?
All the above is documented and correct should any other member have had similar experiences
I would be interested to hear from you perhaps we could contact WATCHDOG I would love to see the M.D. of Brownhills squirm his way out of Ann Robinsons/Customers questions.

Mar 11, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hymer headlamp curse

Mrs 100kilo and I write in amazement at your experience with Brownhills. Surely "Britains largest motorhome supplier" are incapable of providing less than excellent service...............

A headlamp exploded on our 2011 model B544 whilst on a campsite. We were on our second nightand it was not as if the lamp went as it was cooling down so we are just starting to nag BH for a replacement unit. They, for their part, are just starting to effect a brush off technique in the hope that our energies will expire before we can force them to play fair.

If we have to pester them for the next 20 years that is what we will do.

It restores ones faith when hearing of the positive experience you had.

Jant and John

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
it was posted in 2009 :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
They are no longer dealers for hymer

One may ask the question
did they jump or where they pushed :ROFLMAO:

I think it may be the latter Hymer did not want to be associated with them any longer a warning to us all :cry:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I bought a new Hymer from Preston in 2009. After 12 months, I had paint blistering and a bathroom that was yellowing. I sent photos to Brownhills, they had the work authorised in 2 weeks, booked in and done as they promised. OK I had to take the van to Preston and leave it for 2 weeks, but they carried out everything I asked.

Just out of warranty I had a problem with a daylight, Hymer were not interested, I felt their response was appaling, but the staff at Preston talked me through it, emailed schematics and got it sorted.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I bought a new Hymer from Preston in 2009. After 12 months, I had paint blistering and a bathroom that was yellowing. I sent photos to Brownhills, they had the work authorised in 2 weeks, booked in and done as they promised. OK I had to take the van to Preston and leave it for 2 weeks, but they carried out everything I asked.

Just out of warranty I had a problem with a daylight, Hymer were not interested, I felt their response was appaling, but the staff at Preston talked me through it, emailed schematics and got it sorted.

Sounds like excellent service from Brownhills, I think reading through past posts there's no doubt their reputation was diabolical but over the last year or so there has been a renaissance as proved in this post

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Just had the second hab service done on mine at Browhills Newark,where do I go now and wil there be any hassles,I bought it from Preston?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back