Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi

I am looking at buying a hymer 544 which i've had inspected. The report indicates possible low turbo boost but on driving there is no loud whistling or smoke. I wondered if anyone here had had boost issues and if so what fixes there were for this. It is a Fiat Ducato 2.5 TDI, 1991.

Thanks

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Hi

I am looking at buying a hymer 544 which i've had inspected. The report indicates possible low turbo boost but on driving there is no loud whistling or smoke. I wondered if anyone here had had boost issues and if so what fixes there were for this. It is a Fiat Ducato 2.5 TDI, 1991.

Thanks

I would ask the person who carried out the inspection, why they suspect low turbo boost and what the cause could be.

Pete:Cool:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi if you take the Air intake pipe off at the turbo you will see the turbo needle -stick your finger on it to see if it wobbles-if it wobbles it is kna---ed so allow £500 off the price for a new one
terry

jmr

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Funster No
Hymer turbo

Hi the modle you have and engine is very slugash espicaly on uphills my friend has one and is using more fuel that the 2.8 JTD so I would think very hard before buying regardless of the price they just havent got the power but if this is not a problem for you then go ahead and good luck. jmr:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back