Jul 12, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coming soon
Exp
I am new
Hi all,

I have discoverd the is a constant drip on the toilet rinse. I am happy to just isolate the water to the toilet as I don't really need the rinse, I can just get a spray and use the shower head if needed.

I have been to B and Q today to try and find some thing sutable to bung/ stop the pipe and the is nothing there that i thought might work.

Any idea where I might find something ? X

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
if the feed pipe is very flexible, just bend it in half and wrap a cable tie round it maybe

cant really visualise what you have to go at (y)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I've dealt with this before on older Hymers which flush from the main tank, the most common cause is limescale build up in the solenoid valve. Bung a few litres of vinegar into the system and run it through, it should dissolve the limescale and restore your plumbing to perfect.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I've dealt with this before on older Hymers which flush from the main tank, the most common cause is limescale build up in the solenoid valve. Bung a few litres of vinegar into the system and run it through, it should dissolve the limescale and restore your plumbing to perfect.

D.

Oh, another job I have to look forward to. Has anyone compiled a list of 'jobs to do' on older (classic) Hymers?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
When we had a 'drip' leak on feed to the outside shower (cracked spigot) I cut the pipe and pushed a whittled down plastic cork into the pipe.
I then wrapped the pipe with a jubilee clip..
That stopped it until I could afford a new shower fitment. (Long time)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have been told 'white vinegar' is best. I can't advise regarding dilution.....maybe just drop the water pump into a container of neat vinegar and pump it through the system?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
You can use any vinegar, the point is that limescale is alkaline so a mild acid is needed to dissolve it. Vinegar or lemon juice is perfect as it is not harmful if swallowed. You could run it through neat but you would need a lot of vinegar. I'd say 2-5 litres to a tankful of water, run the water through till you can smell vinegar at each tap and the toilet then run the water heater for ten minutes. Let it cool off for an hour or two then run it again for 10 minutes before running it all out through the taps and toilet and finally flush the system thoroughly to clear any traces of vinegar. Its worth doing this annually to keep your water system clear of limescale plus vinegar is a mild antiseptic.

D.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can I respectfully suggest that if you use Vinegar, you obtain the "White" type, and not the Brown stuff, as used in English F & C shops.
The Brown stuff contains caramel and that will taint your tank.

Ooops, I see that Spanish dancer @Flamenca has beaten me to it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back