Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
image.jpeg

Hi as you all know the main problem with Eurovan lounges is the ridiculous table capable of seating 12 plus 1. Wanting to replace the table top with one half the size I've come across a problem of removing the long sliding bars.

Does anyone have experience of removing the bar along with it's bearing mechanism before I get a hammer or hacksaw to it, please.

Many thanks in advance

Regards Richard

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If the runners are 'drawer' type you may find a tiny latch at one extremity of travel. One thing is certain - they had to be assembled so should have a means of disassembly.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Our top moving mechanism separated from the base pedestal with four obvious allen key bolts so may be different on mote recent van ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scotties

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks guys, I want to keep the pedestal, the long draw type runner looks as though the factory put a 'punch' dink at the end of travel on the sleeve but doesn't seem deep enough to stop runne coming out.:(

Will ask my 'mate' he knows how to use a hammer.

OP
OP
Scotties

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
image.jpeg

Hammer not needed. File off small indentations at the inside ends of runner allowing cage and needle bearings to pop out. Such accuracy and simplicity of German engineering.

All I need is a suitable ready made table top off eBay and by retaining one slide and swivel have a table where needed.

You too can convert your lounge area for about £50(y)

Regards Richard

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I removed the whole table assembly and installed a Fiamma socket in the floor to take their table pillar. Had a table top made to my specs by Rainbow to which I screwed the Fiamma table socket. I can install/remove the assembly in a few seconds. I travel with the table stored in the fold down bed and the pillar clipped in the wardrobe. When not in situ we have a lovely open space in the lounge area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scotties

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
What is it with these Europeans and their oversized tables. Have used Rainbow before, niece guys and will make whatever shape size colour you want.

Conversion now done swimbo approves, so as they say 'happy woman, happy home.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back