Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I am a newbie
Ive been flushing the fresh water tank. Trying to drain the water is taking ages. I must be doing something wrong!

There are two knobs under the rear left bed, red and blue as well as a separate one (probably the boiler?). I opened the blue one and it starts to drain very slowly, is there a quicker way to do it. The water tank is under the seat behind the front passenger? Thanks

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We have a drain plug in the bottom of the freshwater tank we have to unscrew the big top on the top of the tank and the drain plug is at the bottom of the tank.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The knobs you have opened are valves to drain the water pipelines (hot and cold). The tank is drained either by pulling a plug, as Anne said above, or by a remote knob that activates a valve in the tank. I am not familiar with your Hymer model so cannot say which applies or where a remote knob might be.
The pipeline valves you have opened will cause the tank to empty eventually, but their purpose is to drain the pipes after you have emptied the tank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Mine has a valve on top of the fresh water tank which will empty all but 20litres or the entire tank.

Some, I understand, you have to unscrew the large cap on the tank and pull a plug at the bottom.

OP
OP
JanGar

JanGar

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I am a newbie
We have a drain plug in the bottom of the freshwater tank we have to unscrew the big top on the top of the tank and the drain plug is at the bottom of the tank.
I will have a look, can't seem to see the underside of the tank I think it's all inside under the seat but Ill have another look. Thank you.

OP
OP
JanGar

JanGar

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I am a newbie
The knobs you have opened are valves to drain the water pipelines (hot and cold). The tank is drained either by pulling a plug, as Anne said above, or by a remote knob that activates a valve in the tank. I am not familiar with your Hymer model so cannot say which applies or where a remote knob might be.
The pipeline valves you have opened will cause the tank to empty eventually, but their purpose is to drain the pipes after you have emptied the tank.
Thank you. The manual seems to show other set ups, that explains the slow draining if it's the pipes.

OP
OP
JanGar

JanGar

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I am a newbie
Mine has a valve on top of the fresh water tank which will empty all but 20litres or the entire tank.

Some, I understand, you have to unscrew the large cap on the tank and pull a plug at the bottom.
Maybe Ill take a photo and put it up se f that helps. I'll have another look tomorrow thank you.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I will have a look, can't seem to see the underside of the tank I think it's all inside under the seat but Ill have another look. Thank you.
We can't see the underside of our tank we have to remove the big screw top and take out the drain plug from the inside of the tank.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
You could also just run the taps, the clean water would then drain into your grey tank, open your grey waste and your grey tank has received a flush through too.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
In some earlier models similar to yours, there is a removable panel in the wall under the table and this conceals the fresh tank dump valve. See if you have anything like this in yours, assuming you have looked into the large cap on the tank already and it's not a simple plug in the bottom.

OP
OP
JanGar

JanGar

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I am a newbie
OK found it, it is in the tank under the submersible pump, thank you everyone for your help, another thing sorted. For tomorrow, fridge and heating.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back