Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Hi

We have had our B544 1993 for a couple of months now. I have already fixed most of the small isues that it came with, but now I am looking to get a swivel seat for the drivers seat, we have a couple of friends who have old hymers but both came with the drvers swivel seat and trying to find information on where to get them from is like trying to find hens teeth. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
J

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Cheers for the quick response, but my research has shown that as I have isrin seats the fiat ducato ones that you see on most of the websites dont fit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I thought Isringhausen (ISRI) seats did swivel. Both ours do although I realise we have a newer van. Is the mechanism not there already? I realise this may be a facile comment but I would have thought the vehicle would have been fitted with a matching pair.

Here is the contact page for the manufacturers:
Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
The passenger ones come with a swivel seats as standard but the drivers ones dont, as you generaly have to remove the steering wheel to get them to turn around enough to make it worthwhile.

That Isri website is a bit naff, as you click on the motorhome part and it just loops back to the same page, i have also been told that they do not sell to individuals.

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hymer must have changed the layout somewhat during the 90's I guess. Ours swivels without contacting the steering wheel, so long as you pull it forward on the runners first. But then that's how I have it anyway. In fact both sides need to be forward to swivel: the passenger one (right hand side) fouls the wooden storage box if not.
If you cannot get anywhere with Isringhausen (I know the motorhome link goes nowhere but I sent it for the contact details) then these people in the UK might be able to help.
Link Removed

Upvote 0

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
came across this site may or may not fit your requirement good luck
Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Cheers for the help guys, cant fault your tenacity::bigsmile:. I think it was the marcle website that highlighted the isri seat issues, but i have just found these guys who seem to be factors of isri
http://www.jennings-seats.co.uk/

On the swivel seat page it gives hole centres, so I will get off my butt tomorrow and have a measure.

I was going to try and get the hymer dealership to help but I received no help on a seperate part I am after from the newark branch even after chatting to the bloke there and e mails, so I tried the one in preston who seems to be better but still not exactly forth coming. I now the vehicle is nearly 20 years old but not exactly impressed with there customer service, I mean if they cant get a part then just say so, I would understand.

Rant Over, Back in my box

Upvote 0

Olliekuma

Free Member
Jul 16, 2011
Poole, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Motorhome A Class
Exp
Since1990
Hymer seats

Having just read some of the comments about the B544 seats and the touching of the steering wheel.I have recently bought a B544 1991 and both of the front seats revolve but I don't know if I struck lucky but it also has a removable steering wheel made by a company by the name of Raid.
It is unocked with a key and gives a fantastic amount of room when the steering wheel is removed leaving the cab area open.
My question is, has anyone come across this type of steering wheel before?......worth having a real bonus.
Tony

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I had a '92 Hymer 544 on a Ducato and my chum had an even earlier 544 although his was LHD on a Citroen both vehicles had both seats swivel. Have you compared the bases,maybe something is jammed?
A good check is to measure the height of a fixed point on the seat above the cab floor,if no swivel on the drivers seat it may be lower.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back