Hymer Swing 544 Living area Battery Problem. (1 Viewer)

Greytop

Free Member
Jul 9, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hyner Swing 544
Exp
On and off since 1985
I am going away on holiday for some weeks and in my wisdom I decided to switch off the living area battery on the Transformer rectifier assembly. Then switched it back on soon after to do a job I had forgotten to do.
Horror on switching it back on there is no 12 volt to the living area at all, all the fuses are OK.
Any ideas anyone??

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
!2v switch on the Control Panel? On my B584 if the leisure battery is disconnected then when it is reconnected a switch on the CP needs to be pressed to restore the supply to the van

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
As Tony says, if you switch off the main switch on the front of the Elektroblock (EBL), you need to re-activate the system by switching off, then on again, the 12V switch on the control panel (often over the door). If this fails to activate the 12V system, then it is possible that the main switch on the front of the EBL has become corroded. Lack of use can cause the contacts to become dirty. If this is the case, try operating the switch several times. When it is working properly, you should be able to hear a relay clicking on and off inside the EBL. If you still have no luck, the EBL may need to be returned to Schaudt so they can replace the switch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Greytop

Greytop

Free Member
Jul 9, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hyner Swing 544
Exp
On and off since 1985
Thanks for your prompt replies. Not sure what you mean when you say switch on the CP. Do you mean the usual 12 supply switch which is used to switch on or off the 12 volt to the van. That is the only other switch that I have. When you say re-activate the system what do you mean, just switch the switch on the EBL off and on quickly. Sorry if I appear thick. !!!!

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
CP = Control Panel - often located above the door. On this there is a 12V switch that isolates most 12V habitation circuits. On the front of the EBL is another 12V switch that is a master switch which operates all the 12V habitation circuits. The difference being that the one on the control panel does not affect the Truma electric frost protection valve or the electric step. The switch on the EBL disables these as well. If you have switched off the EBL switch, then, having turned it on again, you have to re-activate the system by switching the 12V switch on the control panel (above the door?) off then on again. At that point, you should hear the relays in the EBL click on (if you are near enough) and the 12V activity light should come on.

OP
OP
Greytop

Greytop

Free Member
Jul 9, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hyner Swing 544
Exp
On and off since 1985
Hi Jean, yes I have done that by switching the CP 12 volt supply on then off and on again with no result.
Think it may be the EBL switch as you suggested as it is not used much.
I have never switched the EBL switch off before, wish I had not this time either!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
OK, I suspect your diagnosis is correct. As I mentioned in my first post, try activating the switch on the EBL several times. When mine 'played up' I did that then came back later having left it for a while, and it had reconnected. I then left it alone, but when I needed another problem repaired some months later, I sent the EBL back to Schaudt and got them to replace the switch and do a general repair and check. (My EBL was 12 years old at the time.)

OP
OP
Greytop

Greytop

Free Member
Jul 9, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hyner Swing 544
Exp
On and off since 1985
Well believe it or not I have sorted it, though it makes no sense. I don't know what made me think of it but I started the engine and then switched the 12 volt switch on the Control Panel and hey presto it roared into life. No logic to it whatsoever.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back