Free Member
Mar 23, 2017
Lancaster Lancashire
Funster No
MH
hymer s790
Exp
3years
Does anyone know if a hymer s790/800 2008my have the habitation step auto re track or by manual button on dashboard/doorside switch.

DO NOT TRY THIS!!
due to brexit i decided to relocate in Spain (big mistake) .
Transferring onto Spanish plates seemed easy until i went for the Spanish MOT/ITV. first attempt using Hymer original COC failed due to Hymer listing 5 seatbelts 1 being non forward facing. UK V5C stating 4 seatbelts. Discrepancy failed.. ..
Get Spanish technical engineer to produce new COC take to different test station along with engineer at great cost, failed on habitation step not auto retracting on engine start, audable warning only. Diverted to auto electrician next to test station who installed a relay instantly. Return for retest more costs. Inspected new relay operation and told come back in 10 days for paperwork .

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think all new Hymers now (in the UK at least) have the alarm rather than the automatic retraction for safety reasons. Falls and broken legs eported when the passenger was stepping into the motorhome via the hab door at the same time as the driver was starting the engine.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Ours has a step warning buzzer and manual switches beside drivers seat and hab door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Our S800 MY 2007 had buzzer and switches šŸ‘

much better IMO, as already mentioned broken ankle waiting to happen with auto retract šŸ˜³

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back