Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
HYMER b544
Exp
new
I think I really need to upgrade the sound system in out 95 B544. You can see the size of the speakers in this example here and the head unit is similar to the one I had in my 205 GTI 20 years ago! .
So I need new shelf speakers and I would like a DAB head unit. Tempted to put an amplifier or sub woofer in as well, anyone done anything similar? Where would be the best place to mount the amp? Let's see your sounds!

hymer 7.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our last Hymer had a standard fit Sub Woofer and amp under the bed, I wouldn't recommend a sub woofer as you can only use the system to good effect in a field on your down.
Any decent branded head unit should give good quality sound without the need for an amp, you can get a quite decent Clarion, Pioneer, Kenwood etc. for under £250.
For speakers best to listen to a few if you can, as well as your shelf speakers probably worth fitting a pair of flush mount ones under the roof lockers.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I quite fancy a DAB system too. We have 2 speakers in the front and 4 in the back.
Incidentally, what do they perform like in Europe?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I quite fancy a DAB system too. We have 2 speakers in the front and 4 in the back.
Incidentally, what do they perform like in Europe?
Germany good, last time I tried in France couldn't get anything certainly wasn't rolled out when it was supposed to,not bothered trying on the last couple of trips.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back