Hymer say NO after Covid shutdown (1 Viewer)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I stand corrected. It is not owned by Hymer. It is the Edwards family. So although the business trading name is listed at companies house as a dormant company, with an Edwards as sole director, the actual business trading as Erwin Hymer Travelworld is: "TRAVEL CRUISER" CONCESSIONAIRES LIMITED. So that is the name you make a claim against. If you do and ONLY IF they were the supplying dealer. If not, your claim is against that supplying dealer and nothing do with Travelworld or Hymer.
All info comes from online free checking on Companies House in the UK.
We ordered our first Gulf Stream from the Edwards family in 1991 at the tender age of thirty

It was Travel Cruiser Concessionaires then, so no secret, no change just a long established, successful family owned busines.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Agreed.
Having had the mistaken idea they were now owned by Hymer, The discovery of the more recent dormant company looked odd. When its clearly just to stop a.n.other taking it.
I think I noticed that Travel Cruiser Concessionaires was set up in 1971. You don’t last that long if getting it wrong! Thousands of businesses are one name trading as another. Nothing sinister there. I have had my business for thirty years now. I’ve never traded with the public, but have learned the hard way to look into the substance of my customers!
The op’s request was how to deal with it. He has not confirmed where he bought the van. He has been told a small claims to whoever that is would be the way forward. He has only implied it is Travel World.
Innocent until proved guilty.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hymer offer is that I pay for a new camera and fitting and they will test the old one and refund the cost of the camera if they decide its broken.

This would cost me a staggering £1010.93 inc VAT.

That’s what Hymer think of its customers - be warned.
Looking at the post Hymer are taking an approach that is common in the IT industry, an example being if you have a server and a disk fails you send the disc back to the manufacturer for testing, they will agree or disagree with you if they find no fault either the disc is returned (with a charge for testing) or you buy a new one, if they agree the disc is faulty they send you a new or refurbished unit.

I read this as Hymer saying send this to us and we will test ( you are within your rights to request test results). But what if the image you are seeing is actually caused by a faulty display unit, whilst unlikely is possible and that is where Hymer are coming from.

it’s your choice follow the Hymer process or not from what you are saying. Hymer will replace the unit of found faulty.

I would also ask TW to check the camera against another display unit and if it still looks faulty send to Hymer if it doesn’t look faulty check the display unit !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Our camera had same problem and Durrwang got me a replacement camera and sent it to me in Spain I fitted it myself, easy job to do we were just in warranty.😊

Attachments

• B06C4BAB-1B6D-4517-88FD-4B388990185E.jpeg
    B06C4BAB-1B6D-4517-88FD-4B388990185E.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 3D1AF6E6-92C7-43A8-921A-472B422A909E.jpeg
    3D1AF6E6-92C7-43A8-921A-472B422A909E.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 15
  • A39A3134-A88B-40FA-9E75-7D3EC2A8BD66.jpeg
    A39A3134-A88B-40FA-9E75-7D3EC2A8BD66.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 16

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just a question, you say your using the rear view camera whilst driving, isn’t that what the door mirrors are for and the rear view camera for reversing. And that car following you is a bit close :)
"And that car following you is a bit close"

Exactly! And if you were in an urban area, "that car" could have got there without you seeing it do so. Your door mirrors would have been useless in seeing it in such circs. It's a regular hazard 'Over there'

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
"And that car following you is a bit close"

Exactly! And if you were in an urban area, "that car" could have got there without you seeing it do so. Your door mirrors would have been useless in seeing it in such circs. It's a regular hazard 'Over there'
I never bother looking in my rear view mirror can’t bare to see the carnage I’m Leaving behind 😉 but do understand if you can’t see behind on some of the MoHo’s ours only being 5.4 metres it’s easier to notice something behind in the mirrors but there are still blind spots.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back