Free Member
Jul 11, 2016
Torquay
Funster No
MH
hymer S830
Exp
A CLASSI HAVE BEEN MOTORHOMING FOR OVER 12 YEARS
Hi everyone new to here I have just purchased a right hand drive Hymer s830 with only 23,000 miles on the clock she is in great condition and because of the high spec has a clutch type cable to the rear garage controlling the grey water waste outlet this has broken and permanently open. it has the standard grey pipe that connects to a detachable hose does anyone know where Ican get a valve like I used to have on my B754 to open and close the outlet thanks Geoff

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 62
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
had exactly the same fault on mine, got great advice from this membership and sorted it with a new external valve, will try and find the thread, someone might beat me to it (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stumpy

Stumpy

Free Member
Jul 11, 2016
Torquay
Funster No
MH
hymer S830
Exp
thanks David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
edit, like mine you are lucky it is stuck open

as was pointed out in my other thread I do now have a pipe full of crap waiting to block and freeze, but better that than not being able to close it, changing the valve on the tank looked just about impossible, or at least very expensive (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stumpy

Stumpy

Free Member
Jul 11, 2016
Torquay
Funster No
MH
hymer S830
Exp
already had the expensive headlight last week ouch! had film lamex put over them now

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
already had the expensive headlight last week ouch! had film lamex put over them now

please tell us more. the broken glass was almost certainly stress not a stone, Hymer are vague to say the least, was it your near side light? would be interested to know if it now fits properly, can provide another link o_O

you could do with joining fully, pay your membership fee, it could save you a fortune, it has me, although I also fell foul of the headlight con, £1500 + :mad:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stumpy

Stumpy

Free Member
Jul 11, 2016
Torquay
Funster No
MH
hymer S830
Exp
mine was a stone chip drivers side and windscreen caused by Hanson aggrigates badly loaded lorry they payed up £6400 IN TOTAL as all filmed on dash cam :)

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
mine was a stone chip drivers side and windscreen caused by Hanson aggrigates badly loaded lorry they payed up £6400 IN TOTAL as all filmed on dash cam :)

great story, please pay and post details :)

actually I might even pay for you, sounds worth hearing (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stumpy

Stumpy

Free Member
Jul 11, 2016
Torquay
Funster No
MH
hymer S830
Exp
Dave now paid up ::bigsmile: the story behind the cracked screen and broken light the day we picked up the hymer just as we were passing the M42 M5 interchange we passed two Aggregate lorrys the first was fine the second one the retractable load cover was left open and stone chippings were flying all over we were aware of the windscreen and pulled over at the next services along with two cars with paint and damaged glass! i called the police who were already aware of the problem and the driver had been pulled over to secure his load. fortunately we had a ref number from them and the hymer just happened to have a phantom pro three tracker linked to a very expensive dash cam that had recorded it all. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: the insurance firm initially tried denying liability till i emailed the dash cam footage andpionted out that it was an offence not to have the load cover over the chippings and i was happy to put it in the hands of the solicitors if they wished to protest. :mm: they called back thirty miuits latter and said to get the estimates to repair the damage and were as me rather shocked when told how much it would cost :wondering: they then checked themselves and finally agreed to pay direct headlight now done windscreen still waiting on Anabel as hymer have to make it as the right hand drive is a rare beast!
on another note the cost of the slide valve and the cable all one pice and only four hex nuts to remove is £194.84 plus vat plus fitting of £145.00 so getting this done next week. in preparation for our trip to Holland at the end of the month.
is yours right hand drive Dave?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back