Hymer S820 P'ex (3 Viewers)

S820

Free Member
Apr 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
The glass double glazed cab side windows mist up badly, I have seen S820s where you couldn’t see out at all, total MOT failure.
Yess, mine has that too.... ( Minor) question is: .... How can it be solved.🤔
Anybody ?

S820

Free Member
Apr 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Replaced? You mean . Cheanged out for new?
Can't it be ...... repaired ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Replaced? You mean . Cheanged out for new?
Can't it be ...... repaired ?
No you can’t repair the glass, you can take the window out, take the glass out(but not easy) and get new glass put in the original frame.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Pete, welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy your S820, I don't have any brochures unfortunately but I do have a small piece of advise, so far my S820 has been pretty reliable, however you may be aware that they have air brakes at the rear, I had the misfortune of suffering a broken air line while in France, this ended up costing nearly €2000 and over a week out of my trip. I would strongly recommend that you get your air lines replaced as a priority, they are not expensive to replace by themselves but with the additional damage caused by the recovery guy trying to free the brakes off i ended up with a large bill. If you have any specific queries please feel free to pm me. I would also advise you to subscribe here, members are always willing to help if you need it.
As far as I’m aware, it’s only the hand brake which is air assist. The rear brakes can be problematic when the brake pressure load compensator regulator gives up the ghost.

OP
OP
ChrisL
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
As far as I’m aware, it’s only the hand brake which is air assist. The rear brakes can be problematic when the brake pressure load compensator regulator gives up the ghost.
The air line broke on the uk off side and the brakes locked on, the recovery guy broke the actuator trying to free off the brakes so it could be towed, recovered to a Mercedes main dealer, the actuator was over €600 and 7 hrs labour diagnose and repair. If it had happened in the UK it would not have been anywhere near as expensive. Plus the amount of hotel bill not covered by the breakdown insurance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ashy

Free Member
Feb 10, 2021
Skegness
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Mark, now that would be very kind.
If you would look it up for me. ( Hope you don't forget it )🙏
So you had yours for 4 years? May I ask, why did you sell it ?

Kind regards from the Netherlands.
Hi Peter,

I will be home on Tuesday and will look for the PDF then.

I haven’t sold my S820 and don’t have any plans to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back