Hymer S800 tv monitor (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi just wondering if any other owners of a s800 have changed the camos monitor in the lounge to a proper TV and if so what size of screen fits . My monitor's sound is not working and I would like to have a TV in the lounge I can plug my firestick in to easily
The TV retracts down from the cabinet beside the hab door. Thanks

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We have that model, maxed out the size for our new TV and very nearly never saw it again, it moved by about 3mm and jammed on the inside of the cupboard stopping it coming down

I got lucky and by lifting back up and taking a run up it forced past with not too much damage done ?

the answer to your question is the size of the whole it comes out of, just try and allow a couple more mm than I did. The mounting frame is dead centre to the aperture ? or maybe just off ? 3mm or so :whistle2:

OP
OP
Gerh66
Mar 31, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for the reply. I am gonna give it a go . Did you use the window below the cupboard to access the back ? My window does not open like the rest of them but I think is released by a screw holding a strap
Thanks again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am not sure why you need the window for access, once the frame is lowered I think there are four screws holding the TV like a conventional wall bracket , easily reached from beside the TV ?

unless I am missing the point? I can take some photos of ours later if that helps

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
You can fit a larger(height) tv but you have to move the motor stop on the inside and it’s a pain to do.

May 18, 2019
Funster No
hi there i also have an S800 and my van is presently being upgraded.. they have informed me that the TV doesn't fit the original bracket.... is this the problem or are they being lazy... i've just had these guys take off my satellite for a 4G system... are there brackets for our tv space? Did you find a solution
thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Gerh66
Mar 31, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Paul . I eventually got the monitor working and it gets a signal from the sky box and satellite. In the rear I put a new TV in so I can get a signal off the dtv Ariel and sky box plus firestick .
Good luck with your upgrades and I would be interested in what you get done as I think the s800 is a cracker van .

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
hi there i also have an S800 and my van is presently being upgraded.. they have informed me that the TV doesn't fit the original bracket.... is this the problem or are they being lazy... i've just had these guys take off my satellite for a 4G system... are there brackets for our tv space? Did you find a solution
thanks in advance!

I don't really understand your question

presuming you have the drop down TV option, the bracket in there is pretty universal

certainly we didn't change the bracket to fit a new TV and have changed it again since to another make with no issues

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 18, 2019
Funster No
Sorry guys for the confusion. My question came about from an email from the receptionist of the fitter.
I think she was a tad confused regarding the fit. I went to see the fitter today to get clarification.
The problem was with the depth of the TV and not the bracket ... I believe the shape of the TV mainly the built in DVD was prohibiting a full retraction. I took around a 19'' Avtex to see if that fits.
thanks for your replies... Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back