Hymer s700 or s660? or other options?? (1 Viewer)

marcus153

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630 Mercedes
Exp
Hi, Sorry yet another what MH thread! I am a big fan of the old Hymers after owning a 1999 (not that old....) and currently owning a Hymer caravan relatively modern at year 2008. I am after a good size motorhome with space for four plus dog but don't have unlimited funds to buy new.

So thinking about the above Hymers with the fixed transverse bed at the rear and pull down bed over cab. I understand that the early 1990's Mercedes vehicles are good quality and mechanical sound if not a little slow...

What are people opinions on these vehicles either if you have owned one or spoken with owners? I understand I would have to buy on condition and service history etc. but only really looking to spend 15-20K?

I am also very open to other options from different manufacturers etc????

Also are these vehicles too big for travelling around UK campsites and roads in parts of Portugal and southern Spain? (I had a s630 which I had no problems with campsites in this country)

Thanks in advance

best marcus

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Haven’t advice as such or an opinion, but there is a Facebook group Classic Hymers where it would be worth putting the question. They also have a marketplace where you might find what you’re after.

Good luck with the hunt:xThumb:

OP
OP
marcus153

marcus153

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630 Mercedes
Exp
Haven’t advice as such or an opinion, but there is a Facebook group Classic Hymers where it would be worth putting the question. They also have a marketplace where you might find what you’re after.

Good luck with the hunt:xThumb:

Thanks - I am a member so reading through some of the historic information on there - although as the title it is very Hymer bias.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hymer S700 can't beat them, especially if you can locate one with an auto box.

Have you looked at the German site's and importing your own?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There's a fairly decent looking b694 on ebay just now for £15k
Located in Sheffield

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements