hymer s700 mercedes amps ? (1 Viewer)

S

s700hymmerc

Deleted User
hello to all here :Blush:, yes i am the beginner . can i ask a really serious question . my hymer s700 merc is 1992 complete bog standard no alteration electically , question i have read so much on pulse charging of the batteries via alternater . my alternater is a k1->14v 23/55amp bosch 0 120 489 331 332 / 1197 311 022 EL14V4C. this is to me ????????????????. yes ! i have a few relays 70amp ect, . does any one know what the above means ? :Sad:
well i have read a link of sterling power chargers .
a digital charger that can charge my batteries 100% full as apposed to 75/80% full as the pulse can not charge full because of the fail safe put in place , but the digital can some how , my camper is 1992 old a bit i think , but will the wiring stand up to this kind of power as i have read also cable thicknes is crucial to thin cause a fire to thick and your power gets drained away even if you do not use any thing , so what can any one advise me as the reading is pretty bang up in here , nice reading good stuff , even if it does cross some wire s in the brain box lol!! .
also solar power seems an interesting topic too ,
any way thanks for letting me have a say in here all your feed back is crucial :Eeek:
denton.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Denton, we have quite a few electrickery experts on the forum, (sadly I am not one of them) so I am sure you will get a response pretty soon. Meanwhile, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Denton welcome to the forum. The alternator is a standard unit which will keep your engine battery topped up it will also add charge to the house/leisure batteries when the engine batt is fully charged. However it is not really designed to do so, a Solar panel will easily complete the top up and keep (if wired to do so) both batteries topped up in the winter. Cables fitted by Hymer will be up to the job, german engineering is very precise. A cable will not use electricity if everything is switched off it is inert. When drawing current (amps), what goes in at one end and what comes out the other is affected by the diameter of the cable (and the length of run), the fatter the cable the less the % heating effect and more power arrives where wanted. The built in charger which charges when you are on hookup is designed for the job so no worries there. I hope you have a merc based Hymer, the best combination I could possibly think of. Enjoy the van and don't worry too much about the charging, Hymer have it sorted, the main thing is to live differently and conserve your power, smaller TV, LED bulbs, no inverter for hours on end. Try to use 12V appliences , 12V on fridge only when engine is running, gas other times unless on hookup.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

s700hymmerc

Deleted User
many thanks guys !!

well jim and roger thanks !!:thumb:

well i got the jist of the thickness jim thanks for that , electrics well i am always willing to learn , even when it puts a strain on the grey cells , as with age all goes a little spark out so i will as always push to keep them going ,
so this is really interesting stuff electrics . spent my whole life in the garage working on other peoples mercs , so i bought my self one , and really pleased to maintain it , the kids tell me it is thiers after i am gone and they will enjoy it , lol!! glad they were being humorous i hope ! :winky:.
sorry for being nosey jim but the picture of your camper is it the 709 ! the eyes are dodgey too . age !:Blush:.
any way just like to say thanks , catch you later .
denton.

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
it is a 1981 508D, am always looking for bits if you know someone who might have a few new rear brake drums on the shelf gathering dust, hee hee

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back