Hymer S510 A Class - Water Problem (1 Viewer)

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Hi Everybody:cry:

We are currently in Spain and have a water problem with our van. We have a Trumatic C6002. The problem started after we refilled the fresh water tank. If we switch the taps on the pump works straightaway but it takes some time for water to come from the taps. If we switch just the hot water on we get the air coming through the tank as normal until the boiler fills then everything works. If we then leave it for 15 mins or so we have to "bleed" the system again to get any water. The water is not coming from the cold tap straightaway. There appears to be no visible leaks anywhere inside the vehicle. Have looked around the boiler which is in the wardrobe and cannot find any leaks. Can some knowledgeable clever person give us an idea of what to do next PLEASE!!:Smile::Smile:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Were are you in Spain my Spanish friend could look at it for you he looks after my van and is very good.:Cool:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Water problem

Hi Myfanwy

I don't know your van, but I do know the C6002, had one in our last m/h.

Suggestions:

Is there a puddle on the ground, under your van, if so, your boiler drain valve is not completely closed. Open it and close it. I would think it is floor mounted in the bolier compartment.

Next, is your water pump in your fresh water tank? It sounds as if you have insufficient water pressure, which indicates air geting into your system. Feel round all the pipe connections that you can reach, and see if any can be tightened.

If your pump is not in the tank, it could be an adjustment to the pressure switch, but would prefer to know which make/model before suggesting turning any screws. Another point is if it has an accumalator, it could need repressurising.

It will be something simple, have you been camping in sub zero temps.lately, that would take me back to my first suggestion.

I hope this helps, I'm sure others will offer advice shortly

Good luck:thumb:

Nomadic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Myfanwy

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Hymer - Water Problem

Hi Nomadic::bigsmile:

Thanks for coming back so quick with the information. Can't find any damp or puddles under the van. Have released the dump valve and re-set it, water comes out. After releasing the air again after a few minutes exactly the same thing happens, no pressure and our pump is inside the tank. Any other suggestions? :RollEyes::RollEyes:

OP
OP
Myfanwy

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Hymer Water Problem

Hi Kenspain:Smile:

Thanks for your helpful post. We are camping at Roquetas at present. Shall be here until probably end of February. If we cannot suss out the problem I will be in touch with you again. I believe you are in the Valencia area. We usually camp at Peniscola twice a year so will be coming back your way. (I don't know if I can manage without any water until then though!):Eeek:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
I will talk to my friend tonight to see if he can tell me what he thinks you should do and will let you know soon as. We are not far from Alicante.:Smile:

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi Kenspain:Smile:

Thanks for your helpful post. We are camping at Roquetas at present. Shall be here until probably end of February. If we cannot suss out the problem I will be in touch with you again. I believe you are in the Valencia area. We usually camp at Peniscola twice a year so will be coming back your way. (I don't know if I can manage without any water until then though!):Eeek:

Have you two (hot & cold) drain down valves near to the main internal gray water dump switch?
I found on my B544 that the 'hot' system drain down valve was not fully closed tight, and I was getting similar problems to you!
Best of luck!

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
My friend thinks its not enough fresh water in your tank or he thinks that the seal round your water pressure switch as gone due to the cold, sorry but with out looking at it thats all he can say. hope this helps.

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Could the pump or the pipework have a faulty non return/anti syphon valve ? It sounds like the water is draining back to the tank or the lowest point in the system or there is a leak between the pump and taps.

John

OP
OP
Myfanwy

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Hymer Water Problem

Hi Sifta Sam

Thanks for your help - too dark now but will check that in the morning::bigsmile:

Nordet

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
Exp
Since 1989
I had a similar problem with my Hymer, as Nomadic suggests, if the pump is inside the water tank, check the feed pipe is on properly.

We could get no water etc. and I found the pipe from the pump had detached itself.

OP
OP
Myfanwy

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Hymer Water Problem

Hi Guys

Thanks everyone for your useful comments. This morning we have had the bottom of the wardrobe out and disconnected the pipe from the dump valve, no water seeping anywhere around the hot water tank. Have opened the locker with the two manifolds for the hot and cold water. The drain taps are completely dry, no water seepage anywhere. Have inspected all pipework to taps and no problems found. What appears to happen is on switching on the taps the air is removed from the hot tank which is then filled with water. On switching off the taps within minutes the water has drained from the hot water tank. On inspection into the cold water tank we have two pumps one horizontal and one vertical in the bottom. This tank is under the bar table which would have to be removed for better inspection.

My question is have these pumps got non return valves fitted as I think the hot water tank is being syphoned back into the cold tank. (don't want to have to remove the table if not necessary!)

Look forward to any other suggestions.:Smile:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Water problem

Hi,

Just read your update, interesting.

Does this fresh water tank supply your toilet flushing water, ours does, I would think one pump is for the toilet and one for domestic and heating use. I'm not sure about the non return vales within the pump.

All in all, I still think the problem is associated with the supply to the boiler. The boiler should have an overflow pipe/air release pipe, mounted on the side, is this "kinked" preventing air and pressure to escape? If not, then I come back to air trapped in the pipe system, and the only way forward is to repeat the "refill" exercise again. Fill the tank, open the taps to purge the system, (I would open hot taps first, (although the whole system is cold, it does not realy matter) starting with the tap nearist the boiler, maybe thats the wash basin, then the shower, bringing the shower head as low as possible, followed by the kitchen sink and last of all, the outside shower, if fitted.

Topup the fresh water tank, now repeat the procedure with the cold taps.

Is the boiler heating the water normally, if not, press the reset button on it. Its located in a small box with a slider cover, at about 2.00pm as you look at the top of the boiler, and about 6 or 8 inches (150mm or 200mm) from the top. push the slider up, press the button once, and thats it, job done.

Allow the boiler to heat the water, and listen for hot air escaping through the overflow pipe. If it is you should be on the road to success, hopefully!!

There are a couple of UK S series A classes on this site just now, if the above does not work for you, let me know, and I will go and ask if they have any suggestions to offer.

Many hands make light work, or some thing similar.

Nomadic

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
This is a long shot, but quite common mistake.

When draining water for winter, they outside drain tap is opened, along with a smaller one at the top of the vent to allow free flow (air to enter). Quite often, people do this, re-insert the drain plug, but forget to twist the top one shut.

What happens then is, when you bleed the system to use the water, it all comes though if a little slower, but when the tap is turned off, the heater tank drains back into the supply tank as the air is entering the heater tank from the top air plug on the outside vent.

As i say, a long shot, but your complaint seems very similar - might be worth checking!

OP
OP
Myfanwy

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Hymer Water Problem

Hi Everyone:Smile::Smile:

Good news to report on the above problem we have been experiencing over the last couple of days. We managed to remove the pumps from the water tank and found two Hymer pumps in series both 15lt/min. We tested these out in a fresh bucket of water connecting each pump in turn and found that they both worked perfectly. The water was recycled into the bucket which we then found had quite a bit of debris in the bottom. We put everything back together and re-bled the system and everything worked perfectly well afterwards. Fingers crossed we do not require a new pump::bigsmile:::bigsmile: We therefore assume that the problem was dirt and grit in the non return valve in the pumps.

Thank you all for your help and we are very grateful.:thumb::thumb:

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Hi
2 15 lpm pumps in series = 15 lpm why are there 2 pumps?
To increase flow 2 pumps in parallel or 1 larger pump.
Steles.

OP
OP
Myfanwy

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Hymer Water Pump

Hi,

To answer your question - I don't know!

Both pumps are Hymer (written on the pump itself) at 15lts/min. The bottom of one pump is threaded where the filter is normally and the second pump is screwed directly into that. (in series). Two wires coming from the pumps going through separate holes in the lid. As I have only had the van for 4 years I don't know who fitted the original but it looks like it was Hymer. The van is 10 years old and we are full timing so this maybe why the pump is lasting so long! The pressure is superb in the shower unit. Maybe it is to do with pressure?

Myfanwy's husband:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back