Hymer S Class shower light change to LED (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
at last I have got round to changing our shower light, I have in my ownership already changed 2 fluorescent tubes, there is one in each fitting, top and bottom

A8189D73-B0BE-4CB9-B700-A0DEC98818AE.jpeg

C0AFC35A-0077-42B0-ADDD-9F66D26E6E9C.jpeg

Access to them is really awkward, you have to remove the 6 screws holding the glass front panel, this then does not move far as still attached to the shower controls and I was not brave enough to uncouple plumbing connections

I couldn’t easily see where the wires ran and was considering leaving the fittings in place and just connecting wires to new LED strip

But I decided to have a look behind the units and then decided removing them was the better option, this involves removing 4 tiny cross head screws in each, access not easy but once done ease off the adhesive fitting strip and each light unit is connected by bullet connectors so then very easily disconnected

The incoming 12V supply in my case was typically wired red to black and blue to brown?? But no issues, I chose to cut off one pair of wires at the light unit, I connected this to a chocolate block and the LED strip to the other side, this then gave me a simple reconnection to the supply wires using the original bullet connector

Stuck the 2m length of LED’s to back wall in corner and tested (y) didn’t work :( reversed the connection it worked (y)

Had I known what I was going to find when removed I would have bought 2 x 1m lengths then do as above but using both light unit feeds, it would have been slightly easier and given us 2 lights in case or when one fails, but I have cut the wires off the other scrap unit and can very easily add another length

Anybody wanting to do it please ask me it is easier to explain than write down but it was amazingly simple

62D92714-9FBB-4CB9-A03C-151D7189A7EF.jpeg

540C9697-4277-4F5E-9EAB-69FAB4AF7D29.jpeg

5752ED39-DFDA-4309-8F63-6A0CEB1A4E80.jpeg

I now wish I had taken more photos but access is really hard

Last edited:

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I remember asking if you’d changed yours and you said you weren’t bothered as you never showered at night, so it didn’t matter. We got Peter Hambilton to do ours, among other jobs that needing doing. I’m heartened to see that you managed it, so if you can do it ........:):)(y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I remember asking if you’d changed yours and you said you weren’t bothered as you never showered at night, so it didn’t matter. We got Peter Hambilton to do ours, among other jobs that needing doing. I’m heartened to see that you managed it, so if you can do it ........:):)(y)

Not sure who we will turn to know he has closed o_O

There is a very definite limit to my DIY skills

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
In our learning curve, we’ve fixed our drop down tv mechanism this week. It’s been intermittently coming down, or not......so if you need our help with that one, we might have a fix :)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
But no issues, I chose to cut off one pair of wires at the light unit, I connected this to a chocolate block and the LED strip to the other side,

Was Bev not upset with you using her Cadbury's? :whistle::whistle:

Well done!

Barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back