Phil56

Free Member
Jan 25, 2014
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Hi. I've got a Hymer B654 with a fitted roof rack - but no cross bars; so pretty useless. Does anyone know where I can buy cross bars to fit? The rails are grooved so it looks as though the bars would have to be Hymer specific in order to fit. But that said, maybe bog standard Halford bars could be made to work. Anyone any suggestions, please? Better still - anyone got some bars for sale?!
Thanks.
Phil

OP
OP
P

Phil56

Free Member
Jan 25, 2014
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
I was worried this might have been a dumb question - but with 56 views and no suggestions - maybe not so straight forward after all? Or maybe just too stupid for anyone to consider worth answering!

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I suspect you would be best placed to try and get cross-bars made by the same company as the rails. Do you know what make the roof rails are? If original equipment, Hymer often fitted Omni accessories (as in Omni step and the Omni Hymer rear bike rack). Unfortunately, Omni was bought by Thule and I cannot see any roof bars listed in their motorhome accessories page. Alternatively, it might be a Fiamma system, in which case I suggest a call to John Cross Motorhomes (trade Funster).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Why not have a look at your local scrap / auction yard alot of vans with roof fixtures also check with anyone who welds repairs
we did got some bars and he adapted them
rather than order new not cheap but cheaper.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Sorry never said we have a hymer bought bars from preloved used. Hope some help to you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back