Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
On the weekend one of the struts on my overcab bed blew and the curtain around the bed has a really bad oil stain. Tried sliding it back and forth but it wont budge.
Question
Has anyone actually taken the curtain out and if so how did you do it ?
Thanks

PS took the strut off an hour ago and ordered new ones from SGS Engineering Ltd great service helpful staff be here tomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
havent got a clue about the curtain...other than cover the rest of it in oil as well to balance it all out...(y)

but...id be rethinking the leccie bikes, sounds like the exercise is needed:whistle:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Now listen you; if I'd wanted daft suggestions I'd have contacted you directly and not bothered with the forum. :p:p

Leccie bike pick em up tomorrow. :) wish we'd had them in the New Forest last few days cycle tracks everywhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Er... if its like ours the curtain has a plastic edge rail around it that is simply pressed into a platic u rail, start at the end and just pull away from the rail and then press back in once washed. Once you start you should see how simple it realy is :whistle:

Best of luck Richard

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Er... if its like ours the curtain has a plastic edge rail around it that is simply pressed into a platic u rail, start at the end and just pull away from the rail and then press back in once washed. Once you start you should see how simple it realy is :whistle:

Best of luck Richard

Thats the one brilliant thanks. Didn't like to force it as I have a habit of breaking things

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
When we decided ours needed a wash it was a b*gg&r to get off. A bit of silicone spray and warming with a hairdryer to make the plastic a bit more flexible helped. Ours is not Hymer but a similar arrangement.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Oil stains should be pretreated using a solvent-based stain removal product. If you don't have a solvent-based pretreater, apply heavy-duty liquid detergent to the stain and work it in by gently rubbing. Patience is key. Allow the pretreater to work for at least ten minutes to loosen stains before washing.

After pretreatment, wash in the hottest water appropriate for the fabric using the recommended amount of detergent for a regular load. Inspect before drying and repeat treatment if necessary. Do not put an oily stained article into the dryer. The heat will set the stain deeper and make it very difficult to remove.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Oil stains should be pretreated using a solvent-based stain removal product. If you don't have a solvent-based pretreater, apply heavy-duty liquid detergent to the stain and work it in by gently rubbing. Patience is key. Allow the pretreater to work for at least ten minutes to loosen stains before washing.

After pretreatment, wash in the hottest water appropriate for the fabric using the recommended amount of detergent for a regular load. Inspect before drying and repeat treatment if necessary. Do not put an oily stained article into the dryer. The heat will set the stain deeper and make it very difficult to remove.

Thanks

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Fifteen or so years ago I carried a curry back from our local takeaway. Unfortunately it leaked in the box and from that onto my jacket, shirt, trousers and trainers. I popped them into a hot wash but they were still covered in grease. Three or more washes and they didn't change. I was spraying some WD40 onto my sons cycle and I had really black greasy hands from the chain. The grease just ran off my hands. It worked perfectly on my clothes and trainers . Since then I've used it to remove greasy stains by spraying leaving tightly rolled for a few minutes to minimise evaporation, then a suitable temperature wash for the fabric. May take a few attempts. To play safe try putting some of the oil onto a similar fabric and then test with WD40, before risking your valuable curtain.
Good Luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back