Hymer not playing. (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’m about to leave a CL this morning, moved about 100 yards and the van stopped and won’t start again. Turning over fine but no fire.
It done 250 miles sincefill up but just in case I went and got a can of diesel, in case it had ran out but still no go.
Waiting for AA now.(n)

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
AA guy thinks it’s low fuel pressure, so it’s off to the garage:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
THINKS .....it's low fuel pressure.

Doesn't he carry an OBD scanner.

Are there recordings of both the pressure between the fuel pump and the injector pump and from the injector pump to the injectors, and on all cylinders?

I genuinely do not know, but a failure at either of these points could be the cause and a scanner might not show it.

Anyway it may not be a roadside repair, so maybe the AA man was correct.

Geoff

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I genuinely do not know, but a failure at either of these points could be the cause and a scanner might not show it.
If there is low fuel pressure it WILL throw a fault code.
It was that he appeared to be guessing moreso than the actual fault diagnosis.

But saying that, I wouldn't trust the AA with my lawnmower.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
If there is low fuel pressure it WILL throw a fault code.
It was that he appeared to be guessing moreso than the actual fault diagnosis.

But saying that, I wouldn't trust the AA with my lawnmower.

Ok I accept your better knowledge, but can you tell me in which part of the fuel supply system it is measured, and whether that can identify either pump fault, or a blockage.

Maybe roadside assistance of any company cannot be expected to do that much diagnosis, especially if they know they cannot repair/replace at the roadside. They are there to get you going if it is a simple fault or to recover you - not do any repairs needed.

[Do you carry the lawnmower on a trip?:LOL::LOL::LOL:]

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
THINKS .....it's low fuel pressure.

Doesn't he carry an OBD scanner.

He did have an OBD reader but you need something to plug it into and we couldn’t find the socket.
Had all the dash to bits and nothing.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Got van back now, traced to fault fuel filter.:)
Very annoying as I’ve got service kit including fuel filter in shed, just waiting to be in a position to do the service:whistle:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Our 2005 had the OBD socket to the left of the drivers side fuse box. The small panel next to the fuse box needed to be removed for access. The socket was visible (with difficulty) once the fuse box cover was removed.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Our 2005 had the OBD socket to the left of the drivers side fuse box. The small panel next to the fuse box needed to be removed for access. The socket was visible (with difficulty) once the fuse box cover was removed.

I had all the dash panels off and couldn’t find it. Web search shows it near bonnet release behind a panel but on our van panels not been cutout, so maybe it doesn’t have one being a mechanical pump type.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I don't think the mechanical pump engines (before jtd, pre 2000/01??) have an obd port??

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I had all the dash panels off and couldn’t find it. Web search shows it near bonnet release behind a panel but on our van panels not been cutout, so maybe it doesn’t have one being a mechanical pump type.
It won't have an OBD socket if it has individual injector pipes from the mechanical pump.....
And the AA man should have known that.

Note my previous comment re: lawnmowers

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It won't have an OBD socket if it has individual injector pipes from the mechanical pump.....
And the AA man should have known that.

Note my previous comment re: lawnmowers

I know, that but AA guy said everything from ‘97 had to have one, maybe commercial are different but I couldn’t see what a OBD could check anyway.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If it has mechanical injection there cannot be an OBD socket - there's no ECU to connect to.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If it has mechanical injection there cannot be an OBD socket - there's no ECU to connect to.

Yes I know, must of been because the AA guy was young, good job it wasn’t a old petrol car with point and condenser!!:whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back