Hymer museum to Venice (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2012
Belfast
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Heading of on summer hols on Saturday and after a trip to the Nurburgring to see if I can get a last minute trip in a Ring Taxi, heading down to the Hymer museum at Bad Walsee. The next bit is where I would like some help.
We are heading from there to Ca Savio on the Lido de Jesola peninsula at Venice. The logical way on the map is through Austria but we are a 1999 Laika with no emission information on the logbook and 4.2 tons. I don't want to buy a Gobox but very wary of straying on to a motorway. Is their a simple route avoiding them or are we better going through Switzerland and paying for our 10 day heavy good pass?
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
BryanM
Mar 26, 2012
Belfast
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Any help anyone? In the museum in the morning and hoping to move on at lunchtime.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree from Bad Waldsee Fernpass then Brenna pass good roads easy drive. Guesthouse Wolf at Wolf just a few miles from Brenna is a good stopover for the night, buy a meal and park up for the night. Keep an eye on the landlady she is a devil at refilling your beer but its only a short stagger back to the van.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
A ring taxi is just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on, I hope you sort it out, they are operated by Sabine Schmidt who you might have seen on Top Gear. Surely the answer here is to program your gps no tolls/ motorways, that's what we did when we came back from Venice and whilst I can't recall the route it was very enjoyable.

OP
OP
BryanM
Mar 26, 2012
Belfast
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for all your help.
Yes did do the Ring Taxi in a 911 GT3 RS and while not cheap, was certainly worth the money for a once in a lifetime experience.
Have tried the route in the tom tom but only seems to give an option of 'no tolls' and not sure if it counts a go box as a toll!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don't know about a TomTom but our satnav has setting for "Period Toll" and "Per Use Toll", with the "Period Toll" unchecked it just avoids the Austrian Autobahn's.

Another good route through Austria and Italy is the Plöckenpass, fairly quiert not much traffic and HGV's are banned from the pass, roads are good. Going through Austria towards it there is a toll tunnel only a few Euro but if your satnav is set to no tolls it will try and take you on a 150 mile detour. We used this route last year going down to Croatia.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back