Hymer motorhome seat covers? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
We are about to take possession of a lovely van with pristine chair covers which we would like to remain in that state. Has anyone ever managed to make covers or can you buy them with elastic to hold them in place? Talking about the modern Hymer captain chairs and the small two unit couches they use mid van.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Yes indeed I was thinking of resale......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
our hymer has the captain chairs , We have just brought the sheepskins to cover them and the side benches not sure what to do yet with the arms of the capatain chairs may look into making some from the sheepskins . Woud love to see some pics of your new van did you buy the hymer654?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why save them for someone else, sound silly to me. Hymer upholstery generally wears well our last van we had for neary 6 years still as good as new. If you do keep the van a long time you can always get it re-upholstered only costs about £1200 in leather, a good set of custom made covers will probably cost a few hundred quid anyway.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks that is reassuring
What are the sheep skins? Do you have a link?
If they are real sheep my vegan daughter will object! Also might be a bit tickly for us but would like to have a look.
We do have a big dog but he will (hopefully) be banned to the French bed (on a rug) when we are inside.
Awaiting the completion of our house sale (January) to take possession but yes we are buying the 654 and terribly excited about it. I have never been less interested in Xmas or even moving to our new Norwich downsized house - we are just focused on getting on the road. This forum is very reassuring and helpful:)

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
I had my Hymer treated inside and out with Paintseal G3 Glasscoat. The inside is done with a spay on all soft furnishings. The odd mark is easy dabbed off with a damp cloth.
I thoroughly recommend it. :xThumb:

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
@Tackle man
Thanks that's great
I presume you recommend we do that before we set off?

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thanks that is reassuring
What are the sheep skins? Do you have a link?
If they are real sheep my vegan daughter will object! Also might be a bit tickly for us but would like to have a look.
We do have a big dog but he will (hopefully) be banned to the French bed (on a rug) when we are inside.
Awaiting the completion of our house sale (January) to take possession but yes we are buying the 654 and terribly excited about it. I have never been less interested in Xmas or even moving to our new Norwich downsized house - we are just focused on getting on the road. This forum is very reassuring and helpful:)

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...-for-the-motorhome.116328/page-2#post-1562240

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
unless you have dogs I would not bother just keep blinds closed in bright sunshine as it helps prevent fading

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Can't see the point of worrying too much about the resale value, you don't buy a motorhome to sell it, and decent seats will clean up nicely. We have had all ours re-upholstered although they were fine we didn't like the colour.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Try motorhomeseatcovers.co.uk in Stockport they make Hymer covers I think the code is MH23 . We bought ours in 2012 very good fit sheepskin fronts with separate armrest covers in matching faux fur really saves on wear and cleaning easy to wash .

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
Why save them for someone else, sound silly to me. Hymer upholstery generally wears well our last van we had for neary 6 years still as good as new. If you do keep the van a long time you can always get it re-upholstered only costs about £1200 in leather, a good set of custom made covers will probably cost a few hundred quid anyway.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I was never happy with it from the start. They took so many attempts to do what I asked for that I left in despair at the end of the week. Cheap yes, quality no

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
We've been in our Hymer for more than 7 years now. It's had a lot of use in that time, Seats till looks as good as the day we had it. They've been used but not covered. Settee covers come off to wash & as someone else says are treated from new.Enjoy it & don't think of when you'll sell it yet.
Barrie

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We originally thought about having covers in our Hymer, but changed our minds, largely for the reasons other have given. We'd rather enjoy our van than cover the high-quality upholstery with cheap-looking covers.

We've got a couple of throws, which serve the dual purpose of giving bit of protection from dog hairs, but also add a bit of colour to the cream interior. When we get fed up with the blue throws, we can change them for another colour.

Enjoy your van. You can clean the upholstery if/when you decide to sell it.

May 9, 2011
Cheshire / Vale De Parra
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55
Exp
Since 2011
I must have been unlucky with our Hymer seats were supposed to be treated but even water stained the seats, so fed up of cleaning them all the time, had them reupholstered to leather, top job by Regal at Ilkeston

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back