Hymer kidney shaped table (1 Viewer)

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Our table is able to move side to side and fore and aft but I don't think that it is currently able to go as far forward as it should. Side to side the limiting factor is the fixed part on the table frame butting up against where the screws screw up into the table but this isn't the case moving it forward.
20180124_163105.jpg
this is the view with the table moved forward to the left and the photo below is of the table in the same forwad position but looking at the back mechanism
20180124_162954.jpg

My feeling is that the table should be able to move forther forward (up in the picture abive) until the grey part of the frame is against the hole where the screw is.
Is this the case and if so how can I access the mechanism?
Thanks
Paddy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Having been into the 'gubbings' of the sliding mechanism believe me you do NOT want to go there!
It is a pig to get back correctly and is not likely to make any difference IMV to what you are trying to achieve. Try instead squirting some silicone spray into the runners and seeing if it allows the table to move more, I found this helped with ours.

What could be limiting it is if the 2 sliders are not quite parallel so jam as you try to push it further forward ... you could try removing the screw shown in picture 2 so that it allows the slider to move and see if that makes a difference, if so then just re-attach it in the correct position to allow it to move easily ...

OP
OP
P
Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Thanks a lot@Minxy Girl -I have already freed it up considerably with silicone spray but will see if I can free up the slider more as you suggest tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I removed mine to make a new table in our B544 as the original surfboard is too big. The two screw handles that lock the table in pace are not too good, the thread has gone in one of them. Is there any way of removing the handle/knob to look at the thread ?

OP
OP
P
Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Hi @BusyBuilder -The screw handles on mine seem to loosen ok and so I don't think that they are the limiting factor but I will try taking them out to see if that makes a difference.

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Is there any way of removing the handle/knob to look at the thread ?
One of the screws was missing when I picked up my Hymer from Lowdhams. They got on to Hymer who supplied a new part, complete with the necessary tool to fit it - a very thin spanner. Easy job to fit.

OP
OP
P
Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
A quick update for anyone who might have the same problem - I managed to extend the movement of the table. The restricted movement was due to the two cages that hold the rollerbearings being at different positions between the moving rails (one was further forward than the other and so stopped the table moving forward too soon). I had to force the table to get the cages to realign. Initially the end of the cage popped out of the outer rail and two rollerbearings fell out but I was able to get them back in and the cages lined up ok ( I can see that could have been a nightmare @Minxy Girl ) . I now have a extra 15cm of movement which is great.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Initially the end of the cage popped out of the outer rail and two rollerbearings fell out but I was able to get them back in and the cages lined up ok ( I can see that could have been a nightmare @Minxy Girl ) . I now have a extra 15cm of movement which is great.
All 4 of the roller bearings fell out of one of mine and were a nightmare to get back in ... at least you only had 2 to deal with! :D

As for the extra movement ... don't forget to tighten the table before you drive off otherwise you could regret it being able to slide further! :X3:

Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
FYI. We (finally) found a table top (at Discounted Marine, on Ebay £269) to replace the "Surfboard" in our 2008 B544.

The "Surfboard" is ideal if you want to make use of the B544's ability to seat about 8-10 people around the table............but it's just two of us 99% of the time.

Discounted Marine sell various sizes of (teak) table tops to the sailing crowd but this one is an amazing fit for the sliding rails (826mm x 665mm).
665mm is deep enough so we can sit and eat facing each other whilst 826 just covers the width of the rails and allows a useful space at each end, for getting changed and getting out of the way. Something which was always impossible with the original table top.

It looks stunning in my opinion. Hopefully the photos below show the difference in size between old and new.
a Hymer d.jpg
humberto Table Discounted marine a.jpg

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Excellent really nice table. I used some 40mm thick Beech kitchen worktop, routed the edges and fitted it back on the roller system carrier.
Not nearly as nice as your though.

Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
Excellent really nice table. I used some 40mm thick Beech kitchen worktop, routed the edges and fitted it back on the roller system carrier.
Not nearly as nice as your though.
I bought some Oak-block worktop (40mm) to cut to shape but it was extraordinarily heavy. I didn't use it because, in a crash, it would either come loose or rip the table out of the floor.

This is very light, 25mm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back