Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks, good point. I spoke to a colleague of one of the dealers because the dealer doesn't speak English. He took all the details and said he'd pass them on. I followed it up with another email (using Google translate so God knows how it read!) confirming the phone numbers, email address etc. That was two weeks ago and still nothing. I've also phoned several other dealers who were advertising possibles and the phone doesn't even get answered...no matter how many times I ring.

like I said probably away at Düsseldorf..the biggest motorhome show going. just try again.

not sure of the wisdom of using a dealer that don't have anyone that speaks English. That means probably clueless regards exporting. This not so important if your using an agent like Bundesvan

your main problem is concentrating on just the one particular model..I suggest this will have a very limited chance of success, and be very frustrating. I looked at that model seems very old fashioned and with no garage not that practical really? dont get it to be honest.... there are so many Hymer campers viable with different layouts. the exsis model we are looking at has about 20 different layouts....more flexibility will lead to a better result and probably a better van IMO

Eddie

OP
OP
Kait

Kait

Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer B584
Exp
About to start!
like I said probably away at Düsseldorf..the biggest motorhome show going. just try again.

not sure of the wisdom of using a dealer that don't have anyone that speaks English. That means probably clueless regards exporting. This not so important if your using an agent like Bundesvan

your main problem is concentrating on just the one particular model..I suggest this will have a very limited chance of success, and be very frustrating. I looked at that model seems very old fashioned and with no garage not that practical really? dont get it to be honest.... there are so many Hymer campers viable with different layouts. the exsis model we are looking at has about 20 different layouts....more flexibility will lead to a better result and probably a better van IMO

Eddie[/QUOTE
Again, good point, and using Bundesvan makes the whole importing thing a lot easier. We've looked at loads of vans over the last year, and done lots of research. We really like the Hymers and everything we've read leads us to believe one would be a good buy. We need four berths, two extra seatbelts and a largeish lounge. We'll be using it a lot for fairly long periods so want a fixed bed. Yes, the 654 doesn't have a huge garage but there's still lots of storage space and we don't want to transport a motorbike or anything. I've pored over the Hymer brochures from 2007 on and the 654 seems to fit the bill. We did take a look at a 554 and a 655 too, but for other reasons they proved no-goers. If you can make any suggestions for anything else that will give us what we're after we'll be eternally grateful :)
Forgot to add preferably 7m or under

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hi Kait...that is a big ask to be honest.... i'm not a hymer exspurt:)

seems like you have set your mind on something so all you can do is wait. you can set up alerts on Link Removed

the way I look at is, I want the newest van I can get for the budget..suspicious of older vans ..but that's just me. thing is with nearly new you can often get a better deal on new if you shop around

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We're looking at a 2009 model

Are you sure, the older ones were the ones designed to last 1000 years.

Seriously. Come to any meet and look.

Treat yourself to a day or two in Lincoln visit the show next week and have a good walk around.

Not forgetting a cup of coffee and chat at FUN.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back