Hymer / Hella spoil my weekend again (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
looks like TW really don't want my business

Good afternoon Mr Godfrey

I became aware that earlier this week you contacted Travelworld in order to book your motorhome in to our workshop for a replacement headlamp unit to be fitted.

Considering the strong wording of several forum postings recently I am surprised that you now want Travelworld to work on your vehicle as you made it clear to the HOG that “Travelworld made a complete Horlicks of fitting the last one that went, will not be trusting them to do it this time”.

There are two other Hymer dealers nearer your home address than Travelworld so I am intrigued to know why you would contact Travelworld (the dealer you won’t be “trusting this time”) to book the vehicle in and perform the repairs?

I think under the circumstances, it would be preferable if you have the headlamp fitted elsewhere in order to avoid any embarrassment and/or potential conflict as I am sure you wouldn’t wish to be recognised by an HOG member whilst you are onsite.

Kind regards

Erik Baxendale AffIMI

Operations Manager

Travel Cruiser Concessionaires Ltd

T/A Travelworld Motorhomes

Halesfield 14

Telford, TF7 4QR

Tel: 01952 586 888

I have replied, but think this will be the end of any dealings I have with TW, just hope they stop sending the advertising emails now :)

Good afternoon Mr Baxendale

You have been misinformed, my first approach to TW was by email earlier this week asking for support on a repeat failure of a product bought from yourselves, with a probability that I would need a new one ordering. It was never my intention to let your company fit it again, given the mess you made of the last fitting

It was handed back not fitted correctly, with one bulb LED one halogen and the adjuster for the self levelling not even connected, I think ‘a complete Horlicks’ is flattering

I have plenty of photographs to confirm this workmanship if you would like to be reminded

Given this rather harsh reaction to customer support, I will take note and revise my purchasing options, you do however remain the retailer of the faulty product, you have a moral obligation in my view to support that and quite possibly even a legal obligation

I don’t fully understand the comment about being recognised as a HOG member, it sounds slightly threatening but I presume you do not mean it that way

David Godfrey
I will give that a “Nice one” David but only really for your reply as their correspondence is hardly what one would expect from a flagship Hymer dealer.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
'Dont bite the hand that feeds you' springs to mind. :eek:
I don’t think there is enough competition in the UK market OK there are other Hymer dealers but they are the only N+B dealer.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This HOG lot sound fun as well:rolleyes:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
David, I have read this thread with great interest. I was looking at changing my MH later on this year. One of the MH on my list was going to be a New Hymer, it still is on the list but is losing ground to a used Niesamann Bischoff. I was planning on taking a visit to TW to purchase the new MH. But after reading the reply from TW in the emai they sent to you, I for one will not be setting foot in a company and spending close to £100k on a motorhome when they reply to customers in that manner.

I think your misfortune in dealing with TW may have helped me make up my mind and take my money elsewhere.
Quite rare, but if you are looking in the N&B direction, seriously consider Le Voyageur - really pleased with quality plus Hayes service

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I wouldn't bother with insurance for £1500, not worth the knock on aggravations

I am also slightly concerned about the fixings, I changed all of mine to stainless steel bolts with nylon nuts due to corrosion, but do not recall seeing the adjuster that has been mentioned before and described above by @GWAYGWAY

I am just going to have to bite the bullet and change it again out of my pocket I reckon

Headlight price from Lowdhams £1582.80 supply only

Just been told the sink top is no longer available as well, but the worktop which also cracked is in stock for £1660 + VAT, Hymer truly do not care about customers at all, that sink top made from toughened glass is going to break by accident, no longer offering a spare is criminal. It was still being fitted new 2 years ago as far as I can tell

If you cannot get the glass made elsewhere why not have the sink cover & worktop remade in teak or some hardwood ?

I suspect that before long one of the HOG / TW fan club will make TW aware of this, I was told by HOG members to moderate my words, didn't really think Horlicks would ever cause so much offence :LOL: but never did like it as a drink :)
Why should you moderate your words ? It was fitted by a blind man ? It was utter s+**eI was thinking that you were to polite. If I had returned to collect a vehicle with it fitted like that they'd have had to call the police.......& an ambulance.(y)

all documented on here when the first light went o_O I am not the most tolerant of customers, but praise highly when due, but moan in equal proportions when things aren't right, particularly if down to poor workmanship

The more I look at these again the more I am amazed TW don't see it the same as me

First photos taken as soon as I arrived at Chester straight from TW Easter 16

img_1609-jpg.98655

img_1610-jpg.98653

below correctly fitted original offside light

img_1611-jpg.98654

You might find the next 2 hard to believe, but this is post second visit to TW, 150 mile whole day round trip, for them to refit, I wasn't happy with this effort, but their best resolution on that day was to offer a full refund and remove the light totally, send me off with no light fitted :(

img_1619-jpg.100030

img_1620-jpg.100031

the last one below after help from @Terry, we removed the light and had to 'adjust the bodywork to receive the bulge that can't have been on the first light, despite TW and even Hymer saying they had never had a different light unit from 06 - 12 (except mine obviously o_O)

img_1630-jpg.100508

many thanks again Terry (y)(y)

I thought that you were exceptionally polite the first time. They supplied the vehicle & should be on the customers side ,not the manufacturer's . Anyone trying to justify the constant repetitive failure of the light on the same side whether UK or EU is breathing air more useful to pump up a bike tyre.
I'd have been looking at a class action if you could have got support from others affected .

I do kind of see what they are worried about, but being scared of the supplier as a public forum (albeit a closed group) is a dangerous place to be IMO

shakes head in disbelief
Don't worry about it the police support forums are the same. As soon as you start asking questions/complain you are jogged off .:D2
Waste of time forums like that when some of the scum have a vested interest.:mad:

As for the email. Well ,I'm glad it was you & not me. Considering that you had already had a reply He appears to have deliberately twisted it to you wanting it fitted so that he could get a dig in.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Quite rare, but if you are looking in the N&B direction, seriously consider Le Voyageur - really pleased with quality plus Hayes service
I'll second that. Bought mine there recently and although I've no experience of aftercare (so far!) I was most impressed when dealing with the purchase.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
When thes new units arrive are they fully equipped with motors and bulb units ready to go? or are they bare units ready to have the required motors and light fitted to them.. This would seem to be an awfully expensiveway of doing things as the actual blank unit would be a LOT cheapers without the lights self levelling units etc as they add a lot to it. IF they are complete units with everything on then that is a marketting ploy to make the most they can from an contrived position. If they are bare then that is worse than robbery.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
When thes new units arrive are they fully equipped with motors and bulb units ready to go? or are they bare units ready to have the required motors and light fitted to them.. This would seem to be an awfully expensiveway of doing things as the actual blank unit would be a LOT cheapers without the lights self levelling units etc as they add a lot to it. IF they are complete units with everything on then that is a marketting ploy to make the most they can from an contrived position. If they are bare then that is worse than robbery.

not exactly sure having not fitted the other one first time, although I know it don't include a new Bi Xenon unit, I think it might have included new others because TW gave me back the old ones, including the LED DRL leaving the lights unmatched, I did spot that before leaving and they put that right, but it distracted from the awful fitting

I am not sure where the levelling motors are TBH, I do know they weren't connected properly

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'll second that. Bought mine there recently and although I've no experience of aftercare (so far!) I was most impressed when dealing with the purchase.
I’d recommend them to anyone. They do fix problems promptly (so far) and nice people. They get a recommendation from @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes as well

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
The one that was sent wrong last week was complete.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
@DavidG58 Clownhills @ Newark was £1350 inc Vat T/W quoted £740 +Vat Had I known that I could get one for that I would have just paid for it instead of going through the insurance. Hey Ho live and learn
There is two types of this light which, I believe are the same size, one (the very expensive one) has a motorised side light which turns as the vehicle turns, the other doesn’t, I was informed that they are interchangeable!

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
There is two types of this light which, I believe are the same size, one (the very expensive one) has a motorised side light which turns as the vehicle turns, the other doesn’t, I was informed that they are interchangeable!

I think on mine the low level fog light comes on when turning , this is a separate light. but I have never looked from outside, but I do know something comes on when turning

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
HOG, wow is that the one on Facebook? I am a member on there, havn' t posted for ages though. So they get discount from TW in return for not posting any bad publicity, very poor, especially with crap work like that. Big brother is watching you @DavidG58, best look on see if I am banned too now:LOL:

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I don't think people on here should be having a go at HOG on Facebook. The vast majority on there get help and advice with problems they encounter, just like we all do.

It would be a shame if it got bad publicity on here because of a couple of issues by some members.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I don't think people on here should be having a go at HOG on Facebook.
I agree that there may be useful help and advice on HOG. However if that advice excludes crticism of one particular dealer it can hardly be described as balanced. Even if it excludes criticism of all dealers it would still be giving an unbalanced view of products and problems.

The British business battlefield is littered with dead and dying businesses that have hidden their problems and covered up their weaknesses. I dont think we do any favours to dealers or customers by hiding problems. I do think that dealers should be given a proper opportunity to rectify problems and give their side of an argument (we all make mistakes) but simply deleting criticism helps nobody. In this case the dealer appears to have been given the opportunity to respond and has clearly revealed his attitude in his written response. RIP?

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@BusyBuilder I presume you are a member of the FB HOG, I don’t think the group fit any adverse comment prior to my posting the TW email to me and it was his own reference to HOG that set things off somewhat ironically

I have been blocked from any kind of access to the FB group, no message to tell me why or even have that it had happened. There is an unhealthy alliance with TW IMO for all their denials

The fact that my comment that TW made a Horlicks of a job requires moderation maybe says it all

Had I been allowed to post the photos of the workmanship that I have done above no doubt that too would be denied and removed

I am disappointed but not overly sorry to have been ‘blocked’ if they are so insular in their attitude it us not a forum it’s a Hymer / TW on line brochure

I really admire Jim, he must get revenue from TW as I regularly have to grimace at their advert in the banner on here, but he lets open discussion continue

Up to now I have resisted leaving TW a review on here as my only real experience is this one , it didn’t seem fair

I really think I am too soft, but in imminent retirement I can’t afford to be

But none of my money will go anywhere near TW, more to do with attitude than the poor work

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

Third recommendation for Hayes. Their aftercare is first class and consists of two very helpful men with names (Bill or Chris) just a phone call away.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
As you say David it does sound like you can be a member of our club as long as you have Hymer written through you like a stick of rock :LOL: and yes both good and bad experience should be aired.

Some years ago we bought a new Water trail and got free club membership but you were not allowed to comment on poor quality or workmanship needless to say I only lasted about 3 months.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Third recommendation for Hayes. Their aftercare is first class and consists of two very helpful men with names (Bill or Chris) just a phone call away.

And another,had our 2008 Pilote over two years now,had to have the main trip replaced,which they did there and then when we called in (y)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I’d never heard of HOG until mentioned here, is it worth joining?(n)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
First photos taken as soon as I arrived at Chester straight from TW Easter 16

img_1609-jpg.98655

Yep, I remember that day, and I know that face too, @funflair. ;)

I also remember thinking what shocking workmanship, when we all got to have a look at the badly fitted lamp. :mad:

I got thrown out of that group too......says it all.
Oooh, why was that Dawn? :(

There are lots of Hymer owning Funsters on the FB HOG.

All these posts about problems with new, or fairly new MHs, reinforces our decision to hang on to our old Hymer lady, which is why we threw a fair bit of money at her late last year, on mechanical and chassis work. (y)

@DavidG58, I hope you get the best possible outcome, in the way of cooperation and agreement to have the lamp replaced by those responsible for customer care, be it TW, Hymer AG, or Hella. Good luck with it all David. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Not if you have anything negative to say about TW :whistle:
Actually Steve, I don’t, I had a pretty good experience with them, although I do feel for the others (DAVID) who’ve had such a bad experience.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I've found the Hymer Owners Group interesting and useful. I think there are some people on there that simply don't see it as a place to complain about anything, so when posts complaining go on, they then complain and report the posts. I cannot understand Travelworld even mentioning the group.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Actually Steve, I don’t, I had a pretty good experience with them, although I do feel for the others (DAVID) who’ve had such a bad experience.
I must admit when we bought our Rapido from TW we were very happy, after we broke down on our first journey and got wet feet they came to our house picked up the van took it away and returned it 4 days later (the break down was a Fiat issue DPF) we never had anything else go wrong on the van after that.
But then when we stepped down to a Hymer we found the dealer we bought from terrible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back