Hymer / Hella spoil my weekend again (1 Viewer)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
@DavidG58 Clownhills @ Newark was £1350 inc Vat T/W quoted £740 +Vat Had I known that I could get one for that I would have just paid for it instead of going through the insurance. Hey Ho live and learn

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@DavidG58 Clownhills @ Newark was £1350 inc Vat T/W quoted £740 +Vat Had I known that I could get one for that I would have just paid for it instead of going through the insurance. Hey Ho live and learn

that's a cracking price Steve, really hope its the right light o_O

mine has Bi Xenon bulbs and washers which apparently make the difference :(

hope you soon get back on the road (y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Do they not realise that everything they write these days has the potential to turn up on one forum, or another?

I suspect that before long one of the HOG / TW fan club will make TW aware of this, I was told by HOG members to moderate my words, didn't really think Horlicks would ever cause so much offence :LOL: but never did like it as a drink :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
That is a very bad reply from such a company but if you have photographic proof I would reply and say well can you tell me any different.
We bought a van from TW back in 2012 and found the warranty work and service to be good.
Well excellent compaired to our latest purchase from Lowdhams and I do hope they read this as I am not going back to Lowdhams as long as I have a hole in my A***

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Two light units, two mirrors and a windscreen and a Hymer would be not far from a write off. TW's quote for my windscreen was eye watering. (B504)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
That is a very bad reply from such a company but if you have photographic proof I would reply and say well can you tell me any different.
We bought a van from TW back in 2012 and found the warranty work and service to be good.
Well excellent compaired to our latest purchase from Lowdhams and I do hope they read this as I am not going back to Lowdhams as long as I have a hole in my A***

all documented on here when the first light went o_O I am not the most tolerant of customers, but praise highly when due, but moan in equal proportions when things aren't right, particularly if down to poor workmanship

The more I look at these again the more I am amazed TW don't see it the same as me

First photos taken as soon as I arrived at Chester straight from TW Easter 16

img_1609-jpg.98655

img_1610-jpg.98653

below correctly fitted original offside light

img_1611-jpg.98654

You might find the next 2 hard to believe, but this is post second visit to TW, 150 mile whole day round trip, for them to refit, I wasn't happy with this effort, but their best resolution on that day was to offer a full refund and remove the light totally, send me off with no light fitted :(

img_1619-jpg.100030

img_1620-jpg.100031

the last one below after help from @Terry, we removed the light and had to 'adjust the bodywork to receive the bulge that can't have been on the first light, despite TW and even Hymer saying they had never had a different light unit from 06 - 12 (except mine obviously o_O)

img_1630-jpg.100508

many thanks again Terry (y)(y)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I thought all uk Hymer dealers did a weekly order?

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Just been told the sink top is no longer available as well, but the worktop which also cracked is in stock for £1660 + VAT, Hymer truly do not care about customers at all, that sink top made from toughened glass is going to break by accident, no longer offering a spare is criminal. It was still being fitted new 2 years ago as far as I can tell

You could try ABC glass in Portsmouth,
When I did my extension I wanted three coloured glass splash backs for behind the new shower room sinks.
I took a template down to them and they made a very good job £180 for the three.
Probably some similar places up your way.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I am surprised at TW, they obviously monitor social media but have made the judgement that they still have plenty of customers...
No business is ever too big to fail - my industry PanAm & TWA went down the plughole. A few years ago ToysRUS were the biggest & best in their sector, now where are they?

It's just hassle & expense you could do without.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Time to start your own group then! "Hymer Owners with Issues" perhaps?

wouldn't you like to think that is what the owners group would be, not a TW accreditation page, HOG do claim to not favour them, but then also claim to have set up preferential terms with them for members and more importantly block any negative comment :(

comments like 'we only have your word for it', but blocking further comment, I could try to post the photos above which are pretty conclusive even to a non believer, but really CBA I prefer to waste my precious time on here :LOL:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
There does come a time, despite the injustice of it all, to let it go. It's simple not worth the stress, your health. Of course you still have to buy the replacement lamp but I'm referring to trying to win against the dealers & manufacturers.
With the combination of indifferent customer services, a brand name relying on a historical reputation & overinflated spare part prices for unreliable elements - have peace in the knowledge that they will ultimately fail... or it will cost them a bomb to gain back the customer base they've lost through a supercilious attitude.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Avoided commenting up to now, but the pic's are shocking work (not unsurprising for TW) and the shattered light casing is really $%^:mad:&*!!!. But if you have sort of accepted :) that you are going to have to stump for a new light (pragmatic, quicker, less hassle) then sending TroubleWorld a reply basically quoting Consumer Right Act 2015 that as the supplier and fitter they should repair, replace or refund, and if they reply they cannot or unwilling then advise that you will be as they suggested you will be seeking a replacement elsewhere and will be sending them the bill.

You have nothing to loose and with your, justifiably, renowned elegance of the written word then something appropriate should come to mind and the law is mostly on your side, but you will have to give them a chance :eek:.

Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
David, I have read this thread with great interest. I was looking at changing my MH later on this year. One of the MH on my list was going to be a New Hymer, it still is on the list but is losing ground to a used Niesamann Bischoff. I was planning on taking a visit to TW to purchase the new MH. But after reading the reply from TW in the emai they sent to you, I for one will not be setting foot in a company and spending close to £100k on a motorhome when they reply to customers in that manner.

I think your misfortune in dealing with TW may have helped me make up my mind and take my money elsewhere.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Time to start your own group then! "Hymer Owners with Issues" perhaps?
Love the concept, is it the Hymers or the Owners that have the issues?

Disclaimer I do not mean that I love the fact that Hymer Owners may have Issues, other manufacturers may also have issues as may their owners, I have issues, but this is not the forum for those o_O

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I tried but they remove anything anti TW including me soon I think

I got thrown out of that group too......says it all.

Looks like its too late for me to have the last word, my link to HOG seems to have been removed o_O no comment to me that it has happened, but it certainly seems to have done, I guess TW have told them to or maybe more likely a TW lover tipped off both sides

maybe someone on here not yet banned :whistle: could see if all my posts have gone, (I wont link known members on here so save your public disgrace by association) :) there was a rather healthy discussion going on around my smashed light unit, it really does seem to be a significant issue not the rarity TW and Hymer would have you think, kind of born out by our own smallish group of Hymer owners with this light style, very few haven't had one go

I do kind of see what they are worried about, but being scared of the supplier as a public forum (albeit a closed group) is a dangerous place to be IMO

shakes head in disbelief

and moves on to better things (y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back