Hymer / Hella spoil my weekend again (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
very impressive (y) @GWAYGWAY

is this a service you can offer to people like me who now have a perfectly good light unit but with a broken glass?

I went away last weekend and every pot hole got me worried my new light might have broken again, it didn't BTW :)

I even have a box to transport it in, if you could do this for others have you any thought to a realistic price for the work?

How much did it cost you in the end David to get it sorted?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
yes a bird hit it.
I would say that it was STUFFED with Pheasant stuffing but at least you were better off than he was. Every time smething hits my windscreen I cringe waiting for the crash, I could not make one of those .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
let me get a feedback from the HOG, about how it fits and looks after they put it back on the van. I offer no guarantee as I am not a business just somebody taking pity on the victims of bad design. The answer would be for Hella to make glasses available at a reasonable rate to be be stuck back on. But they are a big business and there is a load of money to be made by them and Hymers spares dept. glueing glass on is simple using a sikaseal type glue and the removal of the old glass is a doddle just making the lens takes a bit of work but they are already set up for that BIG TIME.

Have you only done a nearside light so far?

If this works I would think changing both sides makes good sense rather than waiting for it to break (y)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Butyl tape is used in domestic glazing , comes in a reel and sticks like sxxx to a blanket, but the glass would need to moulded to fit the shape of the light.
That is another idea I could try it would depend on the thickness they make it in, the factory glue look like th silka type material tough leathery and soft but holds so tight, all I hope is that the plastice stick to it for a long time and the self release action doesn't happen.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
How much did it cost you in the end David to get it sorted?

will you stop it with the depressing questions o_O:)

I got a half decent deal in the end, bought through Chris at Reliance, avoided dealing with TW or Lowdhams, he had it delivered to a new Hymer agent I picked it up, cost just under £1400, fitted with the assistance of a mechanic friend, well I assisted by making coffee and holding things :)

He has confirmed I do have the tensioner fitting in the centre and understands what they do as he rebuilds cars (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
will you stop it with the depressing questions o_O:)

I got a half decent deal in the end, bought through Chris at Reliance, avoided dealing with TW or Lowdhams, he had it delivered to a new Hymer agent I picked it up, cost just under £1400, fitted with the assistance of a mechanic friend, well I assisted by making coffee and holding things :)

He has confirmed I do have the tensioner fitting in the centre and understands what they do as he rebuilds cars (y)[/QUOTE

Are you keeping the van now it's sorted. Did you also get the glass hob cover?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back