Hymer Exsis i578 Dilemma (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi, we now live in France after buying our motorhome new in UK, first reg. 2012. We left in 2015 after a full Fiat Service & a hab. check.

Now we want to sell BUT have not had a service done here with only 7500 miles on the clock & she has only been used for a family holiday in 2017. However, the Fiat Ducato service schedule lists things like toothed cambelt change, auto gear oil change, change brake fluid etc., that are likely to cost a lot here.

We want to acquire an auto PVC, Adria, Globecar, Possl etc. Do you reckon our best bet is to get the best deal on a trade-in? If we were keeping her I would have no hesitation in having the service done, but not keen when selling. Suspect it would be a lot cheaper for a dealer & easier if still in UK! Maybe just have to 'Bite the bullet' & get it done.
Thanks,
Roger
PS I suspect the Fiat service schedule fits better with high mileage commercials than motorhomes though the consequences of non-service can be disastrous.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I would just px it, let dealer sort it for resale
Edit : having said that, if yours is RHD will a french dealer take it ,?
You may have to return it to UK ?

OP
OP
DrRogerRam
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
No it is a LHD, bought originally from Edgehill, valued by Lee at €45K, & he will make me an offer if I take it to him, although the logistics would be a bit complicated. Now French reg. & had to give up my R1 HYM! Surprised that many new French PVC's are around €40K. Though autos other than the VW's with a lifting roof are hard to find.
Thanks for your suggestion

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back