Hymer exsis 562i premium 50 payload (1 Viewer)

Skibud

Free Member
Jul 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
New to this
Hi new to this so bear with me please. We are looking to buy our first van and like the look of this make model. My question is about the payload, which I think is 670kg. It appears generous, but after awning, solar panel gas bottles etc, what are we really left to play around with and what does that mean practically?

99% of the time there are just the two of us, albeit the model sleeps four, we are unlikely to be carrying two additional passengers on many occasions, however it will happen.

I am sure this has been asked many times, but we don't want to get it wrong. We like the slightly more compact size, fixed single/double bed garage for the bikes and bits.

We would welcome any of your comments advice.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Four 'average' people weigh 300kg, many of us are well above average. They need their clothes etc. Awning, gas bottles and solar panel will probably take care of most of the rest.
Also manufacturers/converters payload figures are often hugely optimistic. Best is to take it to a weighbridge and get the real figures.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hymer quote payloads as per the Euro standard: i.e. after allowing for gas bottles, a 75 kg driver, EHU lead, fuel and water (sometimes they allow a part-full water tank on some smaller vans - often 70 litres rather than the full 120 litres). Note the fuel and gas allowance is standardised by most manufacturers at 90 % I believe, though I have never understood the logic of this.
So, the 670 kg is to cover any other passengers, all clothes, food and personal effects, gadgets (bikes, chairs, etc.). Remember that the quoted payload is for a standard motorhome. If it has a larger engine than the basic model, auto gearbox, towbar, awning, second leisure battery etc., this has to come out of the standard payload.

As an example, my Hymer has a standard (catalogue) MIRO of 3,000 kg with a GVW of 3,800 kg leaving a payload of 800 kg. By the time I have totted up the extras (bigger engine, auto box, awning, solar panel, satellite dome etc. they come to 239 kg. Then after adjusting for my weight above 75 kg, and an extra passenger (my wife) and an extra 50 litres of water (ours is one of the models where MIRO was quoted with a part-full tank) we are left with 430 kg of usable payload for all the clobber, food and clothes.
Having loaded up fully last year then gone to a weighbridge, we came is about 100 kg below the limit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Skibud

Free Member
Jul 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
New to this